To cancel a date because I'm crippled by nerves?

(9 Posts)
sugaredplumfox Mon 28-Nov-16 13:13:48

Long story short on Sat I met a lovely man in the pub, we were both quite drunk but ended up having a good chat (and a kiss or two!)

Yesterday he asked me out next week for a drink and I said yes. Today I'm so nervous I almost might cancel. I have just come out of a very hard relationship that lasted for years so I'm struggling to remember how to act on a date.. will we have anything to talk about? Is he remembering me as more attractive as I am?

AIBU - do I just need to get my shit together?

gamerchick Mon 28-Nov-16 13:19:02

Well when I first set up to meet my now husband I nearly bottled it and went home.

I'm very glad I went wink

MaidOfStars Mon 28-Nov-16 13:23:31

Don't go with any expectations and you won't be disappointed. You met someone nice and had a good chat (and at that point, there was enough attraction to kiss each other). At the very least, you are probably going to make a new friend - just think of it as a couple of beers, with anything extra a nice bonus.

He may well be thinking the same.

c3pu Mon 28-Nov-16 13:24:48

Go on the date! Have a nice time.

MaidOfStars Mon 28-Nov-16 13:28:42

Also, what are you going to wear? grin

sugaredplumfox Mon 28-Nov-16 13:53:08

Thanks everyone I think I'm just going to have to go and try not to have a breakdown beforehand.

MaidofStars- I hadn't even thought! Something casual as I live in a rural town so anything dressy makes you stand out like a sore thumb... definitely don't need!

CockacidalManiac Mon 28-Nov-16 13:55:36

Don't back out! You might regret it for years.
Fortune favours the brave, or as Del Boy puts it 'he who dares, wins'.

krustykittens Mon 28-Nov-16 13:56:44

Brave girl pants on and go! You might have a great time, you might not, but it's experience.

Temporaryname137 Mon 28-Nov-16 13:58:09

my friend sent me a text almost along these exact lines last year. I told him not to be such a scaredy-cat and to go. their wedding is in april!

don't let the past hold you back. just try and see it as a bit of fun. if it's not fun, you can leave. if it is fun, you can stay smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now