To ask how you deal with unwanted facial hair?

(76 Posts)
PandoraHadABox Sun 27-Nov-16 08:00:46

I am fair haired and have downy hair on my face which is getting worse, allergic to hair removal cream and unsure about waxing. Have visited a dermatologist for laser but told it doesn't work on fair hair! Has anyone bought a 'No No' device? Not sure how it works but adverts are very enticing. Grateful for any help....

NorksAreMessy Sun 27-Nov-16 08:10:01

This is the thing you need.
They cost about £1 and you do need to read the instructions or watch a video but they are BRILLIANT

Wolpertinger Sun 27-Nov-16 08:11:20

Short downy hair - ignore. V long ones plus anything dark - electrolysis. Nothing else really worked and the dark ones grew back despite laser.

Scooby20 Sun 27-Nov-16 08:12:55

Threading. I love it

Scooby20 Sun 27-Nov-16 08:13:28

Norks what is it?

CocoLoco87 Sun 27-Nov-16 08:15:47

Philips Lumea

YvaineStormhold Sun 27-Nov-16 08:16:13

As I get older I'm considering napalm.

MiniAlphaBravo Sun 27-Nov-16 08:18:23

Threading for eyebrows and upper lip when needed (pregnant son of growing yay!). Or I just wax my upper lip myself when needed, takes two seconds. I just use a normal pot of wax and cut the strips down so they're smaller.

MiniAlphaBravo Sun 27-Nov-16 08:18:48

That should say 'pregnant so not growing'!!!

GreenTureen Sun 27-Nov-16 08:21:32

I have very dark hair and and quite fair skinned so any hair on me is v obvious.

I've had my upper lip waxed for about 5 years. I go every 2 months and the hair is getting less and less as time passes. It makes my skin a bit red for up to a couple of hours so always have it done at a time when i'm just off home but no other issues. What I love is that the hair coming back is much thinner/less noticible than it used to be. There are a few women there in their 40's who've said they used to get their lip done but haven't for years as eventually the hairs are so damaged they just die away, which is great long term too.

RockStonePebble Sun 27-Nov-16 08:25:50

I get my upper lip and chin threaded every few weeks at the same time I get my eyebrows done. Takes 5 minutes.

fruityb Sun 27-Nov-16 08:26:43

norks my sister bought me one of those springy things, ouch!!! It works but ouch!!

NorksAreMessy Sun 27-Nov-16 08:29:10

It is a spring that tweezers out fine hairs
You bend it in half and roll it across your facial hairs and it tweezers them...similar to threading.

I promise you, it looks bonkers but it properly works!

It doesn't hurt me at all, but then I am a tough old bird and use an epilady on my underarms!

neonrainbow Sun 27-Nov-16 08:32:21

I use a lady shave machine. Electrolysis doesn't tend to work very well on fair hair.

BusterGonad Sun 27-Nov-16 08:34:44

What about one of those sand mitt thingys? You rub on your skin and it sands off the hair?

2kids2dogsnosense Sun 27-Nov-16 08:35:55

Yvaine

grin

Mee, too!

2kids2dogsnosense Sun 27-Nov-16 08:37:43

Do those springy things have a name? Where would I get one - can't say I've seen them anywhere.

Re: No-No - daughter got one (she's like me poor girl - Yet woman), but it was rubbish.

2kids2dogsnosense Sun 27-Nov-16 08:38:27

*Yeti - not yet

I wish this autocorrect would mind its own damn business!

NorksAreMessy Sun 27-Nov-16 09:18:33

Search "spring hair remover " on Goooooooogle for suppliers

You will not regret the 99p you spend smile

2kids2dogsnosense Sun 27-Nov-16 10:10:43

Thank you, Norks.

Googling now.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 27-Nov-16 10:16:53

grin Yvaine

OP, waxing works for me. I don't have much facial hair but what there is is very annoying. I have my brows shaped, my moustache ripped off and some annoying 'mouse whiskers' on my neck that sprout from nowhere...

Oh - and a determined, stiff but short little blighter of a hair on my upper lip that we've 'affectionately'hmm named 'Timothy'. It's a source of celebration when he comes out!

That spring hair contraption looks quite good...

LadyFannyOfOmaha Sun 27-Nov-16 10:26:19

I've got a No-No which I use for peach fuzz hair on my face, and upper lip hair. I find it great for this. It's very satisfying seeing the hair get burnt off, doesn't hurt or leave redness, but does smell. My make-up goes on far better after.
I've tried it on underarms, bikini area and legs, but don't get such good results. I think you have to be a lot more persistent, and I don't have the patience. So I stick to shaving here.

ShoesieQ Sun 27-Nov-16 10:31:00

Norks is bang on - I bought one of those springy things 6 months ago and it utterly brilliant.Def the best quid ever spent!

maggiethemagpie Sun 27-Nov-16 10:33:00

Boots facial hair removal cream on the tash
Tweezers every few days on the beard

I am very hirsute and have been doing this for years!

2kids2dogsnosense Sun 27-Nov-16 10:34:28

I've ordered a spring-thingy! Now excitedly waiting beside the letterbox!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now