AIBU to ask if anyone has.....

(16 Posts)
PasswordInvalid Sat 26-Nov-16 21:01:12

Been caught out by posting an AIBU and the offending party being another MNetter?

ShadowMane Sat 26-Nov-16 21:19:18

not me? yourself?

PasswordInvalid Sat 26-Nov-16 21:23:28

No, I'm new to MN. Reading through some of the threads just made me wonder. Some of the threads are so diverse it would be quite easy to realise it might be "you".

Anniegetyourgun Sat 26-Nov-16 21:25:55

Whenever I see one about a dreadful MIL I read it carefully to make sure there's no chance it could have been posted by my DIL. So far none of the details appear to match. <phew>

usual Sat 26-Nov-16 21:27:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HoggleIsMyFriend Sat 26-Nov-16 21:30:39

I've been the subject of one before. Felt it was grossly unfair and the one 'event' that the AIBU was about did not take in to consideration the rest of my actions and character. It hurt like hell.

ShadowMane Sat 26-Nov-16 21:30:41

new to MM, asking for peoples experiences?? is that you DailyJourno??

TupsNSups Sat 26-Nov-16 21:31:34

I remember one years ago when someone was complaining about a childminder she had witnessed at playgroup apparently neglecting the dc she was looking after.

The childminder came on the thread and confronted her.

There was also THIS last week.

PasswordInvalid Sat 26-Nov-16 21:36:14

Shadowmane, no. Does everyone that's new get doubted? It's a genuine question.

ShadowMane Sat 26-Nov-16 22:04:18

I think it's a sign of the times. Anyone asking for 'your experiences' just gives off a dm journo feel - it's not a personal attack in any way, but.after a while here you see a lot of lazy so called journalism and tend to view any such posts with a hmm

BathshebaSnowflakeStone Sat 26-Nov-16 22:07:16

No but I use my usual nickname a lot, so I could easily be recognised.

PasswordInvalid Sat 26-Nov-16 22:18:01

I do see a lot of references to the Daily Mail on other threads. I saw a link on FB, that's what brought me here. I understand the caution.

PasswordInvalid Sat 26-Nov-16 22:19:02

Hoggle. That must have been rather upsetting. Was it sorted in RL?

mygorgeousmilo Sat 26-Nov-16 22:22:30

Hoggle that's dreadful... I love reading AIBU but often wonder what the other side of the story sounds like. I can quite often imagine an innocent other person wandering around and going about their business, unwittingly being completely misunderstood. flowers

Hassled Sat 26-Nov-16 22:26:47

People AIBU about my job a fair bit - as in it comes in for some flack - and I always check it's not me. I don't know what I'd do if it was me.
There have been times the subject of the AIBU has popped up - there was something about a kids' party that went on a bit (might have been fake), and then ages ago someone moaned about a group of mothers leaving Pizza Express in a state, toddler shite everywhere etc, and one of the messy mothers then appeared very indignant and cross. It's bound to happen once in a while.

ContraryToPopularBelief Sat 26-Nov-16 22:41:19

Yeah it wasn't fun. However, loads of posters told her SWBU!

Not sorted in real life. Brushed under the carpet. But I'll never trust them again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now