To hope for any other colour than Navy?

(5 Posts)
ChristineS Fri 25-Nov-16 23:26:24

I've spent literally years trying to find work clothes - 'office' suits - in colours I like. I'm not asking for much. Just bog standard M&S type trousers and suit jacket, but all there is out there in any high street shop is black, grey, navy, and beige. Sometime maroon/aubergine, but I can't wear this or grey as they don't go with red-haired colouring, and am not a fan of black. Am I alone in this? What is so wrong with a dark brown or dark green? I have searched high and low and cannot find a chocolate brown pair of trousers! Why won't the industry give us more choice? I am so sick of navy and beige!

Badgoushk Fri 25-Nov-16 23:29:26

What about these?

m.laredoute.co.uk/ppdp/prod-324060443?dim1=13&dim2=5&omniturecode=02AFF0964LARAFFIBLNK&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=79682&utm_source=Affiliate+Window

chickenowner Fri 25-Nov-16 23:33:42

I'm a redhead and wear grey all the time! I hadn't realised I wasn't supposed to...

MitzyLeFrouf Fri 25-Nov-16 23:34:27

Go for separates rather than suits and you'll have more options.

ChristineS Sat 26-Nov-16 00:01:19

Wow thanks for such quick replies. Badgoushk those trousers are exactly what I had in mind. Thanks! Not sure I like the pocket zips but beggars can't be choosers. Chickenowner, I had my 'colours analysed' some years ago and the consultant was adamant that grey doesn't suit me. I am the type of red head with hazel eyes rather than blue eyes. What eyes do you have? I can wear what is called lizard grey, which is like grey with yellow mixed in. MitzyLeFrouf, I don't usually wear the jackets with matching trousers - too formal. I take whatever jacket I have to go with any trousers. I usually wear a collared blouse , but I need a jacket or I get cold and cardigans don't go well over shirt blouses.
Any more suggestions would be very gratefully received :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now