To want a bit more understanding from dp

(6 Posts)
abbinob Fri 25-Nov-16 17:21:42

About pregnancy.

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and my job involves being on my feet all day and lifting stuff (not too heavy, but it's physical) , today I was up at 5am for work and dp is now asleep on the sofa even though he's been home all day because he is "so tired"
He is always soooooo tired. Ds was at nursery half the day so do really hasn't had a hard day!
I'm not explaining it well but I just wish for once he would think "yeah she's pregnant she's probably tired I'll pick up the slack with home stuff a bit"
He doesn't seem to care at all, I dint want to be treated like a precious snowflake but I want some kind if empathy for the fact that I'm growing his child and sometimes that makes things hard for me and I could do with extra help.

StillMaidOfStars Fri 25-Nov-16 17:40:28

Wake him up and tell him.

harderandharder2breathe Fri 25-Nov-16 17:43:59

Have you actually told him you need help and support?

If he's really always fall asleep on the sofa tired at 5pm then he should get it checked out by a go because that's not normal.

abbinob Fri 25-Nov-16 18:03:19

I have told him but I get the impression he doesn't really believe me or thinks I'm just being lazy.

He's always tired because he stays up playing pc or watching Netflix etc, not a medical issue or anything.

Crunchymum Fri 25-Nov-16 18:10:20

Wake the lazy fucker up.

You have been up since 5am and done a days work.

Is this usual? Is he a SAHP?

MLGs Fri 25-Nov-16 18:14:10

Wake him up. You should be the one asleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now