To iron my clothes

(112 Posts)
VinegarTits Thu 24-Nov-16 23:59:28

Why be creased?

HowToTrainYour Fri 25-Nov-16 00:13:49

Yabu. I am not creased.

someonestolemynick Fri 25-Nov-16 00:18:01

If you hang your clothes up properly you wob' t be creased. Hth.

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 25-Nov-16 00:34:31

Yanbu
<hands in MN badge>
I line dry and ironing softens the clothes

UrethaFranklin Fri 25-Nov-16 01:09:35

I iron, I hate doing it but would look like a bag lady otherwise. Disclaimer - I don't own a tumble dryer (nowhere to put one) and items do not come out of the washer uncreased or needing minimal ironing.

VinegarTits Fri 25-Nov-16 06:57:20

Creases do not magically fall out of clothes they need ironing

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Fri 25-Nov-16 07:00:06

Of course YANBU to iron your clothes, you can waste your time however you like wink

wowfudge Fri 25-Nov-16 07:00:47

If you don't use the highest spin speeds and tumble dry or hang up a lot of things, they don't need ironing and don't look creased. Sometimes it also depends on the fabric.

AmberEars Fri 25-Nov-16 07:00:52

Each to their own! I'd rather be creased than spend time ironing, but no worries at all if you're the other way round smile

SheldonCRules Fri 25-Nov-16 07:35:46

YANBU, creased clothes look awful and scruffy. Most things need ironing.

TheNaze73 Fri 25-Nov-16 07:44:07

I didn't think anyone still ironed.

BadKnee Fri 25-Nov-16 08:01:03

I iron. Then I know things are properly dry when I put them away. I also like doing it. It is satisfying and I watch tv while I am doing it.

I wish I could treat the rest of the housework in the same manner - I hate everything else.

dementedpixie Fri 25-Nov-16 08:02:47

Creases fall out with body heat and if they don't, who really cares?? I only iron school wear and dh's shirts and that takes away enough of my time so I refuse to do any more

toomuchtooold Fri 25-Nov-16 08:05:08

I can see why you like wearing ironed clothes but practically, no, not gonna iron anything unless one of us is getting paid to wear it grin

Confusednotcom Fri 25-Nov-16 08:05:21

I only iron cotton items that are really creased, I'm another line dryer. I don't iron non iron school shirts even tho I prob should. There's plenty of things I'd rather do.

MissClimpsonsTypingBureau Fri 25-Nov-16 08:05:28

DH irons helpful

Sixisthemagicnumber Fri 25-Nov-16 08:07:40

YANBU. I have a tumble dryer and I still find that lots of clothes need ironing. I fold anything that doesn't need ironing but some clothes look very creases unless ironed. I don't iron much myself though - DH does 95% of the ironing smile

NicknameUsed Fri 25-Nov-16 08:10:40

Ah the old MN competitive smug non ironing thread again.

"If you don't use the highest spin speeds and tumble dry or hang up a lot of things, they don't need ironing and don't look creased"

Cotton shirts look creased regardless of how I dry them - tumble dryer, on the line on a windy day or in the house. DD wears shirts to school that need ironing as well, and OH does hos own ironing.

I don't want to look homeless so I do iron, but it isn't a chore to me because I watch something I have recorded while I am ironing.

NavyandWhite Fri 25-Nov-16 08:16:29

There are certain clothes that need ironing imo. I'm all for an easy life but do iron once a week. DH's shirts for work, DC's school uniform, some of my tops and jeans.

I do all the shaking clothes after they're out the machine, hanging them up in my drying room etc but it doesn't get some creases out. I suppose it depends on what clothes you wear daily whether you can get away with it but I couldn't.

SinglePringle Fri 25-Nov-16 08:16:48

Same as NickName here. Always iron my clothes.

GoofyTheHero Fri 25-Nov-16 08:18:39

Errr no? Do what you want to your own clothes.

GoofyTheHero Fri 25-Nov-16 08:20:52

DH does our ironing.

TheProblemOfSusan Fri 25-Nov-16 08:22:36

I avoid buying things that need ironing and I'm very good at hanging things up so creases fall out/don't form. Cannot be arsed with it, think it's dull and a total waste of time.

But if others get satisfaction from pleasingly smooth and flat clothes and no one is forcing them to do it, have at it and enjoy yourself. I'm sure I do stuff other people would find deadly.

PinkSwimGoggles Fri 25-Nov-16 08:23:54

yanbu if that's what you want.
I don't, hanging up smoothly to dry and not buying fabrics that crease easily.

NapQueen Fri 25-Nov-16 08:24:30

As long as you don't whinge about having to do it. I've a relative who does the whole "woe is me and my pile of Sunday evening ironing" - she lumbers herself with her dp's as well even though they both work ft.

I iron nothing, and just wonder why she bothers tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now