To want to post a passive aggressive reply on Facebook?

(6 Posts)
LittleMissUpset Thu 24-Nov-16 21:15:36

I'm not going too, but please tell me I'm not unreasonable to want too!

My not so darling husband has been away with work last week and then again this week on a course.

DS1 has some challenging behavior and has SN, and we are waiting for assessment for autism. I get the worst of the behavior, I think because I'm the person who's always around!

Today I was hit by his swimming bag repeatedly, and he had a really bad attitude.

He went to bed early, slamming his door in my face. I kept calm but it was awful.

Anyway my husband isn't the best at being supportive (whole other thread) and when I told him on the phone he said he would speak to him at the weekend, not any recognition for how hard it's been, and when he talks to him it still carries on. I know there isn't a magic answer, and I'm trying to understand the reasons for his behavior, but also letting him know it's not acceptable.

Anyway, he's off out tonight for a nice meal, to celebrate the end of the course, and has posted on Facebook how he's relaxing after passing his course.

I know I sound bitter and jealous, but I wanted to post how it sounds more fun than being hit by a swimming bag!

I am just struggling at the moment, I've had to ask for all the referrals (school agreed he shows autistic traits but I still had to ask for referral) I've been on courses, I'm trying to understand his behavior, I just want some support and understanding and appreciation, rather than comments like oh I don't know if he's autistic,I don't know anything about autism!

Rant over, feel free to hand me a grip!

SuperMoon Thu 24-Nov-16 21:21:03

A lot would say passive aggressive behaviour on FB is never acceptable, but I am totally with you. It would make my teeth itch in your position.

I may even do some rebellious online shopping...

SuperMoon Thu 24-Nov-16 21:21:54

Also, your grip appears perfectly in your possession, so you don't need anymore handed to you smile

NapQueen Thu 24-Nov-16 21:22:11

I'd be sorely tempted.

But in the end I'd send it in a PM.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Thu 24-Nov-16 21:22:50

Yes - do the shopping and post all over Facebook about how you are having a lovely night spending til your heart's content. Make sure you tag your husband....wink

DiegeticMuch Thu 24-Nov-16 22:59:12

I know you're only joking really, but all the same I'd keep this off Facebook, where it could easily escalate and provide gossip fodder for his friends. This conversation is definitely needed but it's better done in person. You could use the thoughtless post as a starting point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now