WIBU to give my DD the doll?

(7 Posts)
DeepfriedPizza Thu 24-Nov-16 14:38:29

DD (6) got invited to party A. I promptly sent rsvp. The next day she got invited to party B which was on same day and time as party A.
I explained she had already said yes to party A so couldn't go back on it now. DD was upset as she liked child B more.
I text the Mum of child B and said sorry DD can't come but would child B like to come over to play the weekend after the party (this weekend) the Mum said yes and I asked her to let me know which day would suit.
I have not heard from Mum B since. I text on Tuesday just to set up plans and she didn't reply so I'm not going to text again.

I bought child B a birthday gift (bratz doll) if the Mum doesn't text, should I just give it to DD?

Sparlklesilverglitter Thu 24-Nov-16 14:42:00

I would, the other child won't be expecting the present anyway so IMO it's fine for DD to have it

golfbuggy Thu 24-Nov-16 15:05:18

Does DD know you bought the doll for friend B? Is so, I wouldn't give it to her as she'll likely tell her friend!

Have you tried a method (other than texting) to contact the mum? If she replied before and has suddenly stopped this may indicate she's lost/broken her phone or is not getting messages.

TBH I'm not someone who randomnly give my DC toys, so assuming you can't re-organize I'd just keep it for the next party (again, assuming that DD doesn't know it was bought originally for B)

Trifleorbust Thu 24-Nov-16 15:07:30

I'd keep it for the next time. There will be another birthday.

QueenOfTheNaps Thu 24-Nov-16 15:11:28

I'd text mum of B again, "hi are we still on for this weekend?"

DeepfriedPizza Thu 24-Nov-16 15:25:52

DD knows it's for friend B, I have no other way of contacting the Mum as friend B goes to after school club/breakfast club every day and they are not in the same class.

I am a bit reluctant to text the Mum again as I don't want her thinking I'm being too pushy when she may be binning us off.

DeepfriedPizza Thu 24-Nov-16 15:26:21

I may just keep it for another birthday. Good idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now