For spending most of the day in bed?

(11 Posts)
80schild Tue 22-Nov-16 14:53:55

Why do I suffer from such guilt over this? I have been on antibiotics for 5 days and at the weekend had my son's birthday party so we had a really busy weekend. Also, I haven't been sleeping well because of the infection. I feel completely drained although am probably not ill anymore if I am being honest. Part of me thinks I should pull myself out of bed and do some housework (there are always things to be done) but another part of me just wants to stay here, in bed and do the bare minimum. What would you do?

humblesims Tue 22-Nov-16 14:56:22

Stay in bed. Thats what I'd do. The housework will wait.

LukesDiner Tue 22-Nov-16 15:00:11

Get better, get rested, look after yourself first. You are still ill if you are feeling totally drained. My advice: Put on a crappy film and fall asleep to it, preferably with a pot of tea inside you first. If a chocolate digestive sneaks its way into your bed with you, all the better. An extra day in bed and you'll be a new woman. (It's taken me 11 years to get to this point!). Wishing you better soon.

magicgirl74 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:02:20

If your body is telling you to sleep then sleep don't feel guilty you've been ill sod the housework,Hope you feel better soon flowers

Owllady Tue 22-Nov-16 15:05:10

I agree, just sleep!
I've had an afternoon nap as I'm knackered but like a previous poster it's taken me years to allow myself to do this

pipsqueak25 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:26:52

will the world collapse because you are taking care of yourself for a change ? nope, we are still here, hope you feel better soon op smile

petitpois55 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:31:46

Stay in bed, and get properly well. I'm ill at the moment. I'm on the sofa with a blanket. Just waiting on DD to come home and make me a cup of tea.
I've watched five films over the last few days.
The extra day will do you good.

chopchopchop Tue 22-Nov-16 15:32:54

Not at all. I did it for most of yesterday and I wasn't even ill, just knackered. I still have some way to go on my project of reading the entire internet...

More sensibly, that kind of post-viral exhaustion is really common and you can make yourself worse by trying to fight through it.

BlossomCat Tue 22-Nov-16 15:33:57

I had a lovely two hour power nap earlier. I've worked over 40 hours in the last 4 days. If I don't look after myself, I cannot think about everything else.
I've been dreaming about my day off today throughout the weekend, and when my workplace went on to flood alert last night, I was more upset about the prospect of losing my rest if the water got in, than the thought of sorting out a flood!
Enjoy your rest, you and everyone around you will feel the benefits.

80schild Tue 22-Nov-16 16:31:27

I am feeling the benefit actually. I feel so much better for resting. I didn't sleep but just the act of not moving was bliss (I feel like I am always moving).

Rachel0Greep Tue 22-Nov-16 16:39:33

Glad you are feeling the benefit of it. You just needed that rest. Housework can wait. Have a brew and take it easy for the evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now