To just want my manager to read the bloody report

(6 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Tue 22-Nov-16 11:35:05

Basically my mother passed away in July.

It has been a horrendous rollercoaster of a year and tbh im struggling most days lately. I took three weeks off when she died as a combination of annual and compassionate leave, and since coming back, particularly lately (don’t know why but lately im just really struggling) I just feel really overwhelmed. When I returned to work my manager referred me to occupational health in order to access some counselling. I finally had my appointment two weeks ago and the occupational health nurse completed a referral for counselling and suggested flexible working (one day a week working at home as it can be less stressful just being able to sit and get on with stuff).

This report was done two weeks ago, my manager hasn’t even read it yet, shes too busy. HR have sent her an email to chase it and shes not even read that email either as shes too busy. She will take on a tonne of work that isn’t really anything to do with her/us and should be done by someone else (her friend – she helps them becuase they ‘have a lot on’), but is apparently too busy to read/action my report.

What she has done is keep piling work on me, but here's the thing, I know I should say no I cant cope with it, but I cant, I just don’t have the strength for a confrontation.

And I know that her not reading it isn’t the end of the world, but to be honest it just makes me feel like utter shit.

hazell42 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:02:59

I know how you feel. I was quite ill earlier this year and applied for a reduction in hours til I got back on my feet. They have dragged their feet for three months and still haven't done anything about it.
Well, screw them, now I've got a new job and they are running round like headless chickens wondering how they will cope.
Don't let it drop. Go back to HR, or to the occupational therapist, and get them to speak to her again.
Hope it goes ok

CockacidalManiac Tue 22-Nov-16 15:05:24

Would it be worth a call to HR for them to kick her up the arse a bit? It's their job to do the confrontational stuff. Tell them how much you're struggling.

WouldHave Tue 22-Nov-16 15:06:26

Can you go above her head and say she seems to be too busy to action this, so please could someone else?

ShowMePotatoSalad Tue 22-Nov-16 15:09:16

Sorry to hear that. My manager is always too busy too. We rarely see her and she pays another member of staff to deputise for her but in reality they don't do anything and just say they "don't know" and they're not the boss, etc.

It's so frustrating as nothing gets sorted and if most of us have a problem we just suffer in silence. Hope HR can sort this for you.

LivinLaVidaLoki Tue 22-Nov-16 19:47:13

Thanks, I know I'm just ranting it's just so frustrating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now