To ask for Christmas present advice (yes I know it's still November, sorry!)

(10 Posts)
Bearcats Sun 20-Nov-16 19:40:36

One of my good friends had a baby girl earlier this year. She's the first in our group of friends to have a baby and this is her first Christmas!

I want to get her something special for Christmas, maybe something personalised but doesn't have to be.

What are great Christmas presents people have got your kids? I want to make sure it's something they'll love!

Chocolatecake12 Sun 20-Nov-16 19:53:11

Babies first bauble for the Christmas tree?
The first Christmas book - nice if they're religious
Other nice Christmas board books
Toys for the next stage - wooden toys that last

GreenTureen Sun 20-Nov-16 20:00:25

My sister gave me an ornament - a glowing fireplace with stockings hanging over it, with each of our names on...I love it, but it would probably be better as a pre-christmas gift. Bit like this: www.gngonline.co.uk/product/13172/Waiting_for_Santa_Fireplace_Range

winterisnigh Sun 20-Nov-16 20:01:45

op there is a special christmas topic, just in case you dont get much help here.

SophieStew Sun 20-Nov-16 20:02:12

A really nice soft blanket with their initials or name on?

elQuintoConyo Sun 20-Nov-16 20:07:57

Do you have or could you get hold of a photo of parents plus baby together? You could have a xmas tree ornament made with it. I make such things but cannit advertise on MN grin plus i've only made them for friends.

The Night Before Christmas book?

LightsLoveLaughter Sun 20-Nov-16 20:09:39

A personalised my first Christmas babygro.

You can get them on eBay.

Bearcats Sun 20-Nov-16 21:50:15

Love the night before Christmas book idea!

Thank you all for suggestions so far!

Lesley1980 Sun 20-Nov-16 22:25:00

I was given Christmas glass tree bobbles that are really nice & used every year. It has a picture, their date of birth, weight, time of birth & name. I think it was £20-25.

Barmaid101 Sun 20-Nov-16 22:45:43

My dd got given a lovely snow globe, also something like cuddle cube from the cuddle company

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now