To wonder how Tim Lovejoy keeps his job?

(43 Posts)
Buddahbelly Sun 20-Nov-16 11:37:16

Im currently being forced to watch this person on tv by my niece who is obsessed with little mix...

Some of his highlights so far whilst interviewing them:
" So where you on the Xfactor?"
"Did you win the X Factor?"
"So this is the album, (clumsily picks up cd and half holds it up to the camera) Is it out now?"

I know Little mix wouldn't be my chosen topic if I was forced onto mastermind but seriously isnt researching your guests just a basic essential when interviewing someone and knowing what to ask. even reading over the questions beforehand and having someone prompt you.

In other news he's all there when the food appears - Awaits in the background with his fork, I've seen him push past guests to get to the food on a few occasions. Thinking of starting a petition for him to retire from tv, His reading of the autocue reminds me of my 4 year old doing his sounds!

Eminybob Sun 20-Nov-16 11:44:57

Oh he is truly awful. He can't even read an autocue. No idea how he is in a job.

I have stopped watching Sunday brunch now because of him.

Coconutty Sun 20-Nov-16 11:47:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JinkxMonsoon Sun 20-Nov-16 11:48:33

I can't STAND him. Haven't watched that show in years, but the utterly bored, monotonous way in which he used to read the autocue made me wonder how he ever kept his job. It was like the whole thing was totally beneath him and he'd much rather be bantering and talking about fucking football with the bald Scouse bloke.

OhBlissOhJoy Sun 20-Nov-16 11:48:54

Oh I love Tim! He's got a really laid back presenting style.
Him and Simon are hilarious together.

MrsJayy Sun 20-Nov-16 11:49:38

Oh I have no idea why I watch it tbh he does my head in, 1 of little mix looked like she was loosing the will to live her eyes glazed over. I preferred when they were on the beeb they had a woman presenting with them he seemed less laddish

DonaldStott Sun 20-Nov-16 11:52:10

I am sat here watching SB as I do every week. I have no idea why I watch it as every week, it irritates the shit out of me. Simon and Tim are fucking awful prwsenters and interviewers. Its worse when they are interviewing theor mates. And simon cannot stand still. He makes me feel seasick as he is always moving backwards and forwards.

I cannot turn it off though, as I quite like pointing out what a pair of twats they are.

Its what Sundays are all about grin

DonaldStott Sun 20-Nov-16 11:52:58

Apols for typo's

MrsJayy Sun 20-Nov-16 11:56:09

Yes seems to be my Sunday moan grin I moan more when the guests are rubbish probably notice how bad Tim is.

LeavesinAutumn Sun 20-Nov-16 11:57:51

I've seen him push past guests to get to the food on a few occasions.

^^ hilairous!

Over all I like the show and much prefer it since they moved chanel and got rid of that dreadful girl who used to present with them. I find them funny and like the liverpool guy

ootsideinbacktaefront Sun 20-Nov-16 11:58:01

I cant watch it i hate him so much grin

WingMirrorSpider Sun 20-Nov-16 12:06:53

He's awful. He's been doing the job for years and he doesn't appear to have learned any presenting skills along the way. He comes across as monumentally thick, doesn't listen to the guests and only ever perks up when the conversation turns to football.

I like Simon though.

CashelGirl Sun 20-Nov-16 12:11:37

He keeps his job because he owns the production company that makes it. And he makes a lot more money if he pays himself as a presenter than if he hires someone else in. I went off himself and Simon when they were on their BBC2 show and they relentlessly bullied that lovely Scottish woman that presented the show with them. Constantly undermining her, cutting over her, urrggghh.

MrsJayy Sun 20-Nov-16 12:13:35

Ah that explains it give yourself a job because nobody else will.

PolaDeVeboise Sun 20-Nov-16 12:14:46

Yup, a grade A twat and terrible at his job. Unless he's interviewing someone HE finds interesting, he can't hide his boredom. Knobber. I love Simon though.

Eminybob Sun 20-Nov-16 12:18:01

Well that does make sense now, if he owns the production company.

The bbc were right to axe the show when they did, I can't believe they got away with creating practically the exact same show on channel 4. But somehow worse.

Sparklingbrook Sun 20-Nov-16 12:18:50

I love Simon Rimmer. TL is awful.But not quite as awful as when Louise Redknapp presented with them.

The show succeeds or fails on the guests mainly.

Little Mix are making me hmm

RedToothBrush Sun 20-Nov-16 12:33:33

He keeps his job precisely BECAUSE he's rubbish. People think its funny, quirky and light hearted. He gets to be the butt of Simon's jokes. Its Sunday Morning when the BBC and ITV get all serious over politics and religion.

Also see Richard Madeley.

Sparklingbrook Sun 20-Nov-16 12:41:28

Hmm. How about Lorraine Kelly? How does she keep her job?

CremeBrulee Sun 20-Nov-16 12:47:17

He's awful - can't watch Saturday Brunch as he makes my toes curl.

BoneyBackJefferson Sun 20-Nov-16 12:47:40

I thought that this was going to be a simpsons thread sad

Joinourclub Sun 20-Nov-16 12:47:45

Bleugh igate him and his whole, I'm so much cooler than my guests/I'm hungover aren't I cool/can't be bothered routine made worse by the loud HA HA HAs off camera from all the ladz working on the show. Whenever I catch it the guests always look so bored and uncomfortable it is excruciating.

Beebeautiful Sun 20-Nov-16 12:56:25

I love that programme.

Yes he does love himself but I really like those 2 together.

Must be doing something right as it's been on years now and came from bbc2 with Louise Redknapp - now she really was bloody awful!

Buddahbelly Sun 20-Nov-16 12:58:56

donaldstott I do exactly the same...can't bear him but torture myself to watch it so I can point out how much of a tit he is.

Makes so much sense that he owns the production company...he'd have been kicked out years ago otherwise. I suppose it appeals to the hungover population who want something easy without too much thinking going on...well there onto a winner with SB.

Think I may stalk him on twitter to point out how much I think he needs to learn to read.

If any of you haven't seen it google Charlie Brooker Tim lovejoy. ..he has someone on doing a skit of Tim reading the autocue and it's down to a T.

PonkAlert Sun 20-Nov-16 13:04:09

I think his presenting "style" is a bit of a throwback from the 90s, when it was cool not to give a shit and be really laid back. It's the equivalent of watching a 1970s throwback in the mid-nineties, which is why you just feel cringey and embarrassed on his behalf when you watch him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now