Incandescent with rage - lost luggage.

(60 Posts)
Pipistrelle40 Sat 19-Nov-16 13:45:30

Sitting here in the same clothes I have been wearing for the last 36 hours. My suitcase is lost somewhere in the Middle East. Just phoned the airline and asked what was happening and they jabbered something and then slammed the phone down on me. Not responding to emails so have taken to Twitter in the hopes of some response.

AIBU to be absolutely livid.

oldlaundbooth Sat 19-Nov-16 13:46:08

Which airline?

Pipistrelle40 Sat 19-Nov-16 13:46:58

Oman Air

kalinkafoxtrot45 Sat 19-Nov-16 13:49:43

Twitter and Facebook. It certainly lit a fire under the airline when I was getting nowhere with my lost luggage. Traced, couriered to me and full compensation for everything I needed to buy in the interim. Do you have travel insurance?

CaesiumTime Sat 19-Nov-16 13:53:24

Your travel insurance should cover anything you need to buy in the interim.

I wouldn't hold out hope of getting it back anytime soon, that just makes things much worse.

CaesiumTime Sat 19-Nov-16 13:55:08

Erm, I mean it makes it harder on you - waiting for it to be returned. Just buy what you need. Hope it's sorted soon.

AgentProvocateur Sat 19-Nov-16 13:56:11

Buy what you need and claim it back on travel insurance. You'll get your luggage couriered to you soon probably.

Pipistrelle40 Sat 19-Nov-16 14:01:01

Yes have insurance, just so cheesed off. First trip away for months and this happens.

bulldogmum Sat 19-Nov-16 14:02:44

Tweet them direct, facebook post!

Then google for their ceo's direct email and email them stating problem. Tends to get things moving.

When our bags went missing we got compensation, keep all receipts and check their compensation but you may have a specific time to claim (7 days) then call each morning. If they're denying compensation quote the Montreal convention relating to SDR that you are entitled to (google it). Ask if they're going against that. It's a legal convention that you are entitled to.

So sorry you're stuck but don't hesitate to buy new things (essentials) and keep all receipts to claim. Some airlines will say your limit is £40 but if you argue with them most actually have an allowance of that per day but you have to ring each morning for them to renew it.

OohhThatsMe Sat 19-Nov-16 14:02:48

I've retweeted it for you, Pipistrelle.

nobeer Sat 19-Nov-16 14:08:12

Make sure you get some kind of property irregularity report. Several years ago Ryanair left my luggage behind so I went shopping for the essentials. But when I submitted my claim they wouldn't pay out as I hadn't got the correct paperwork from the airport.

Pipistrelle40 Sat 19-Nov-16 14:15:56

Ooh, that is really kind of you. Not much fun when you have to rinse underwear out in a sink overnight and wear it damp later on. Least i had kept my amenity kit from the flight so could brush my teeth.

Weedsnseeds1 Sun 20-Nov-16 11:25:21

Are you in Muscat? Lost luggage there is rubbish at answering the phone or responding to e-mail. If you go back to the airport you will more than likely find your luggage sitting there waiting. Have had to do this myself before.

Pipistrelle40 Sun 20-Nov-16 12:45:36

Hurrah, been reunited with case. Had to return to airport to get it and then greeted with cats bum faces and told they were going to send it to me. Say no compo so shall pursue with airline. Have asked for upgrade going home, fat chance of that though.

OohhThatsMe Sun 20-Nov-16 14:37:19

Oh that's good news! Best of luck with getting some sort of compensation.

StarsandSparkles Sun 20-Nov-16 14:39:43

My wee sister has just phoned me from malaga airport shes just arrived and her case is missing. Her flight was with norwegian air and they made her put her hand luggage case in the hold. It has all her medication, charger and clothes and shoes. My gran and grandpas havent went missing just hers. Im angry on her behalf

Pipistrelle40 Sun 20-Nov-16 17:12:56

Oh Stars, your poor sister. Hope sorted soon, mine had nothing important like medication in but was just a PITA not having clean clothes.

StarsandSparkles Sun 20-Nov-16 20:12:55

Crisis has been averted thankfully. Someone had lifted her case in error thinking it was theirs so it has been returned to the airport and she has to pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully everything is still there when she gets it

pilotswife Sun 20-Nov-16 20:20:40

"Incandescent with rage" and "absolutely livid" - wow, how would you respond to a real aviation mishap ?!

GreenTureen Sun 20-Nov-16 20:21:34

Stars, Norweigan Air (also to Malaga earlier this year) was the worst airline i've ever been on.

Amongst other problems, neither of the stewards on the plane (the two that we saw anyway) spoke English which I couldn't get over. I don't mean they were accented or not fluent, I mean 'Sorrr, no Eenglishhh' as a response...it was bizarre!

Artandco Sun 20-Nov-16 20:23:05

Lesson in future, always pack any essentials, valuables, change of underwear and anything sentimental in hand luggage.

QueenMortificado Sun 20-Nov-16 20:23:05

BA lost my luggage and it was brilliant, they paid out £800 for "essentials" which was basically an entire new wardrobe

Then they arrived the following day having located it and couriered it to my door

Was excellent

GrabbyGrabby Sun 20-Nov-16 20:36:44

Glad you got your luggage back but loosing your luggage is just one of those things that happens once in a blue moon. You need to give them time to deal with it and to compensate you before getting angry.

ohdearme1958 Sun 20-Nov-16 20:39:07

"Incandescent with rage" and "absolutely livid" - wow, how would you respond to a real aviation mishap ?

You couldnt make it up.

ohdearme1958 Sun 20-Nov-16 20:46:04

Pipi, come on.

You were never going to wait very long for your suitcase.

Did you come off the London flight on Saturday morning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now