To ask for your funniest story?

(7 Posts)
laurzj82 Fri 18-Nov-16 11:48:23

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I wasn't sure where to put it. I need cheering up. Don't know if anyone saw my previous thread in relationships about my mum but she is still hanging on but is likely to pass today sad

I need something to do whilst sitting by the phone and I've had enough of housework so...

Can anyone tell me their funniest/ most embarrassing moment that's happened to them or someone they know? Love those threads. Have been chuckling at the Angela Fanendez story already this morning but need some more!

Thank you! flowers

Thatwaslulu Fri 18-Nov-16 11:53:35

I lost a lot of weight, and had a favourite skirt that was really too big but I loved it so I decided to risk it, thinking my hips would keep it up. I got off the tube at Green Park on my way to work, and it was rush hour and heaving. As I stepped onto the platform my skirt made a bid for freedom and dropped to my ankles. I flashed my knickers to the masses, which unfortunately included one of my bosses. I was mortified.

MusterTheRohirim Fri 18-Nov-16 12:04:18

A while back I was walking home with DD and she wanted to get out of the pushchair and walk. A couple of minutes later it started to rain and DD started crying, so I let go of the pushchair to sort her out. It promptly tipped over backwards, my bag of compost exploded, and my carrots that were hanging on the handles were catapulted about 15 feet in the air before they landed in the middle of the road. And DD was still wailing about the drizzle grin It was like a scene in a sitcom, I just stood there looking at the carrots!

flowers

jacrispy Fri 18-Nov-16 12:07:50

When I was around 19 I stayed over at my now xbfs house woke up in the morning and got out of bed to get dressed. Xs df knocks on the bedroom door an x tells him to come in completely forgetting the fact I'm starkers and standing in the middle of the room. I did the only thing I could do and hide behind x while him and his df try to fix his computer. I must have been behind him at least 20 mins neither of us had to guts to say could you go out the room for a few mins while I get dressed. It's a good job he had bad eyesight. I was mortified!!

Noodoodle Fri 18-Nov-16 13:34:47

OP, I didn't see your thread but sorry about your mum and what is obviously a tough day for you.

But I do have a couple of "funnies"
About 6 weeks after dd was born I was wandering around a shopping centre with her in the buggy and noticed some very odd looks coming my way. I was a young mum so assumed that was it until a kind elderly lady stopped me and said "dear, you're leaking." Looked down to see two huge leaking stains on my coloured top (I was breast feeding and had completely soaked through my breast pads! Ran to the closest loo and realised I had no idea what to do. Spent an hour waiting for someone to come in, and had to hand over money to a very helpful lady who said she would go and buy me the cheapest top she could find, and some new pads! Was mortified, but very thankful.

Another time dd was eating her favourite meal cooked at a distant relatives, first time meeting them. They asked how it was (she was 8) and she said very matter of factly "well, it's not the BEST I've ever had but it's ok".

Thirdly, went to hospital in awful labour pains, nurse put me in a side room on a ward and said she would be back in a while as they had no proper room for me yet and it had only been a couple of hours of labour and not to be silly about panicking as my waters hadn't even broken yet. As she said it, waters broke, completely soaked my trousers, baby born 20mins later in hands of rather surprised and unprepared midwife. I can laugh about it now...

suchafuss Fri 18-Nov-16 13:57:39

My husbands car set on fire about 2 miles away from home and he phoned me to ask what he should do grin

Sosidges Fri 18-Nov-16 14:05:18

I decided to paint the bedroom a bright blue. I was haunching down when I went backwards and the paint went upwards as I went down. I landed on me, but I panicked because I was wearing my brand new, very expensive glasses. I ran to the bathroom to clean them, then realised I wanted washing up liquid. So glasses in hand went downstairs to the kitchen and fortunately saves the glasses. unfortunately, I had left bright blue foot prints all over the new stair carpet and along the landing.

This sounds like a story someone would tell to cheer you up. I will just say that if ever I go near a paint brush the whole house goes into lock-down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now