child access

(3 Posts)
Beth2511 Thu 17-Nov-16 16:48:59

just a quick question as me and other half.are.discussing splitting up.

He started a job March this year on basis he has weds and Thurs off for me to work, once I went on mat leave in Sept he dropped set days and was supposedly on the understanding he goes back to weds and Thurs off work when I return.

now we are at the point of splitting our kids are just turned 2 and 6 weeks old. I want two set days he has them a week, I want them to have a routine and stability and know whether they are coming or going.

he wants to tell me the week before when he will have them next week. Thiso doesn't give them stability in my opinion but also dictates my life and will make it impossible for me to return to work because my rotas are done three weeks in advance and I need to know when I can work. I can't make plans or have any routine myself.

I am happy to be told I'm unreasonable but I just want the best for my kids and also a life myself.

argh such a mess

x2boys Thu 17-Nov-16 17:07:37

well i suppose it depends on his place of work are they prepared to give him set days off ? when my two were little both me and dh worked shifts and the children did get used to that , sometimes it was me home at tea time sometimes dh sometimes i was doing bedtime sometimes dh etc can you not give him your rota and he can work around you?

friendswithacat Thu 17-Nov-16 17:08:20

6 weeks old?

Gosh - what's been happening in your relationship?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now