To think the police were wrong to do this.

(6 Posts)
Stormwhale Thu 17-Nov-16 14:12:43

I identified someone committing crime from cctv footage posted on fb by the victim.

I called 101 to let them know who it was and while I was on the phone they gave me the victims address. I told them I knew her name, and told them the road she lives on, the time and date of the crime, but they gave me (a complete stranger) the number she lives at.

There was no need for me to know this, and I feel it isn't right they gave me that information without her consent. Aibu?

Would you tell the victim it had happened so they could complain or just leave it because I am no threat so no real harm done?

Stormwhale Thu 17-Nov-16 14:14:16

Just to clarify they gave me the victims address, not the criminal, I already knew where he lives.

RockyBird Thu 17-Nov-16 14:15:30

Why did they give you those details?

Stormwhale Thu 17-Nov-16 14:17:27

No reason at all. They looked up the crime and told me oh yes she lives at blah blah number blah blah Street.

Stormwhale Thu 17-Nov-16 14:29:46

Any ideas how I should proceed?

RB68 Thu 17-Nov-16 14:30:05

I would just go back to them and query if that was the right thing - I wouldn't bother her with it let them sort it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now