To go down the stairs first?

(18 Posts)
Windthebloodybobbinup Thu 17-Nov-16 10:53:26

So, according to my 3 year old, these are the things I have done wrong so far today. AIBU to:
Walk downstairs before her
Turn the kitchen lights on instead of waiting for her to come downstairs and do it
Chose the wrong cereal bowl
Pour cereal and milk into bowl unsupervised and unassisted by said three year old
Choose the wrong spoon to feed 6 month old
Send three year old up to room to have a tantrum so I don't have to hear it
It's not even lunch time!!!

123rd Thu 17-Nov-16 10:56:32

Well I hope you are going to try harder from now!!!

CwtchMeQuick Thu 17-Nov-16 10:57:13

YABVU

A few weeks ago my 4yo screamed at me for over an hour for going down the stairs before him, so I am equally as unreasonable.

Stick CBeebies on for half an hour and have a cuppa brew

lightcola Thu 17-Nov-16 10:58:48

My 3 year old also insists on walking downstairs first and turning on the lights...

ZoeTurtle Thu 17-Nov-16 11:03:27

YABVVVVVU angry

I hope you've learned your lesson and will prepare an acceptable lunch with the correct cutlery.

DefinitelyNotRuth Thu 17-Nov-16 11:04:00

I got shouted at by my 2 year old yesterday for not letting her feed baby sister... she is breast fed confused

ZoeTurtle Thu 17-Nov-16 11:04:41

DefinitelyNotRuth Excuses, excuses. Buck your ideas up young lady!

afromom Thu 17-Nov-16 11:05:12

I hate to tell you but it doesn't get any better..

DS(12) this morning thinks I'm utterly unreasonable because...

-I made him get up before he had finished watching a you tube video.
-I made him get out of the shower before he was ready (because he had 10 minutes until he had to leave for school)
-he didn't have time for breakfast as he was arsing around all morning (never normally eats it despite me trying to force it on him daily) I did send him with a juice carton, cereal bar and banana to eat on the way
-I asked him if he needed his football boots for PE and I should aromatic ally know (by the power of mind reading) that Thursday PE is not football this half term

I told him as he left the house that tomorrow morning I'm staying in bed and he can get himself to school, which I know at 12 he is more than capable of and I should have stopped mollycoddling him ages ago!

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Thu 17-Nov-16 11:29:24

Today ds1 decided I was unreasonable as I should have realised that he was the only 14 year old to be very very tired this morning and couldn't possibly get up for school.

I get told every morning that I don't understand this and how no one else could possibly be as exhausted as he is (certainly his mouse wielding hand may be tired) - do you think I should inform the news channels of this unique, NEVER EXPERIENCED BY ANYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET situation?

I may have muttered something about 'special snowflake' under my breath

You are not alone - If my 3yo had access to AIBU.

afromom Thu 17-Nov-16 11:39:45

Mother I can definitely relate to that one! My go to response is 'you poor thing, I think an eight o clock bed is called for tonight then!' grin

ShtoppenDerFloppen Thu 17-Nov-16 12:32:47

I was a horrible parent today because I could not make the fog go away and tell school transportation to run.

To be honest, I would love to have told the fog to bugger off and send her to school, I have things to do, too.

Oh, and I would have taken her myself, but she uses a power wheelchair, and my car can't transport it.

PerryHatter Thu 17-Nov-16 12:34:02

Yes. YABU.
You have allowed yourself to unfairly win the stairs and light race.

confusedofengland Thu 17-Nov-16 13:14:05

You sound as unreasonable as I was the other day when I gave 2-year old DS3 the blue cup he asked for. Then the red cup his brother kindly gave him when he asked for it hmm

Frouby Thu 17-Nov-16 13:18:33

I am unreasonable today because we were supposed to feed the reindeer according to my.almost 3 year old.

What I actually said I was doing was bleed the radiators. Apparently I am being vvvu by not magicing up so reindeer to feed. Sigh.

P1nkP0ppy Thu 17-Nov-16 13:25:43

Naughty step for the lot of you 😊
Apparently it's my fault DGS's cereal went soggy because he poured his orange juice over them, no hope for me really!

NerrSnerr Thu 17-Nov-16 14:07:55

Yesterday I was the world's worst parent because I opened my 2 year old's yoghurt in the kitchen when she wanted it opening in the living room. That tantrum was a long one.

Windthebloodybobbinup Thu 17-Nov-16 14:29:11

On the way back from nursery yesterday there was crying and screamed no because the sun was setting not rising-YABU sun!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now