To let dd watch TV all day

(3 Posts)
pabstblueribbon Thu 17-Nov-16 09:54:06

This week 2 year old dd has started hitting, not listening to me, running off in public, whining over literally everything. I can't keep up.

I'm a single parent and I'm really struggling to control her at the moment. She was up from 1-5 and woke up about an hour ago. I'm exhausted. She's currently watching cbeebies and I have no intention of turning it off today.

blueberryporridge Thu 17-Nov-16 10:16:02

I would certainly let her watch it for a few hours if you need a rest. Not sure about all day though - even as a one-off. Might overtire/overstimulate her and make things worse.

When you have had a bit of a rest, can you have some quiet time with her (maybe read some stories or do some drawing etc)? And/or take her out for a good run around outside? I would make sure she gets a nap at some point too or her lack of sleep last night may come back to bite you!

Two year olds can be horrors sometimes....

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Thu 17-Nov-16 10:18:28

I would let her yes, but I'd also take her out for a good run round the park late afternoon to try to help her sleep tonight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now