To see if I should get a second opinion?

(3 Posts)
MadJeffBarn Wed 16-Nov-16 15:09:39

I'm naturally a worrier, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience?
I went to the gp today for something unrelated, and happen to mention a cough I've had for two weeks. I'm aware that coughs take a while to calm down. He diagnosed me with tracheitus, said it'd clear up on its own, nothing to worry about. I (stupidly) decided to google it and it's basically the adult version of croup (I do have the barking noise associated with it). I have two young children, so I'm obviously concerned about that, but Im also really struggling to breathe, particularly during a coughing fit. My back and shoulders are aching like crazy. I don't want to bother anyone with it if it's nothing to be concerned about like my doctor said.
God I'm such a hypochondriac 😂

NoraCharlesMartiniGlass Wed 16-Nov-16 15:22:34

Have you talked to a pharmacist? They are often the best people to help you to alleviate symptoms while your immune system does its stuff.

Are you taking paracetamol?

JessicaEccles Wed 16-Nov-16 16:12:11

Have you tried inhaling steam? Boiling water in the bowl, towel over the head- you can add a few drops of Olbas oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now