...to LOVE Chris Packham?

(37 Posts)
Memoires Tue 15-Nov-16 22:58:15

I've just watched a couple of 'The Wonder of Animals' and realised that I LOVE CHRIS PACKHAM.

So there.grin

Ilovehedgehogs Tue 15-Nov-16 23:00:14

I love him too, he stands up against bloodsports and gets a lot of abuse for it.

MymbleClement Tue 15-Nov-16 23:03:03

Hands off! He's mine grin

ijustwannadance Tue 15-Nov-16 23:03:28

He's ok but comes across as a bit self- righteous sometimes.

Mamatallica Tue 15-Nov-16 23:05:44

YABU, we hate him in our house, he's awful. Very annoying and full of himself, just show the animals and stop parading about in front of the screen. He's no Attenborough and never will be.

CocktailQueen Tue 15-Nov-16 23:12:08

YaBu. He may know a lot but by God he's smug about it.

Don't generally like his style of presenting, and can't stand him on Spring watch -the recent Autumnwatch where he was talking about snogging squirrel was just embarrassing.

Eurgh.

Wolfiefan Tue 15-Nov-16 23:13:25

You wouldn't be as keen if you met him.

SquatBetty Tue 15-Nov-16 23:14:00

He's turning into a national treasure for sure! I have a lot of respect for him as he's not just a presenter. He's written academic papers and publicly stands up for various animal and bird related causes.

ExitPursuedBySpartacus Tue 15-Nov-16 23:16:26

Twatty Mc twattsville imo.

Sweepingchange Tue 15-Nov-16 23:16:31

Cannot abide him I'm afraid. He makes the programme all about him and not the animals. In fact I find all the Autumnwatch presenters incredibly irritating. Such a shame as I would love to watch it otherwise!

babybythesea Tue 15-Nov-16 23:16:32

I've met him. I still really like him and rate him for his absolute determination to stand up for what he believes in.

Chickydoo Tue 15-Nov-16 23:16:32

Watched a house type program with him in (possibly through the keyhole) he said he hated any house that had children's art displayed, thought it was ridiculous. Put me right off him.

muddyboots Tue 15-Nov-16 23:18:17

I like him even more after reading 'Fingers in the Sparkle Jar'

CocktailQueen Tue 15-Nov-16 23:18:45

He's a bit odd in general. Loves his poodles but seems to have odd personal relationships.

Never been keen on having his own DC but close to his step DC.

He might have ASD...

tabulahrasa Tue 15-Nov-16 23:25:21

It's not might, he does have ASD.

baconandeggies Tue 15-Nov-16 23:32:48

He's amazings and yes, has aspergers I think... Which makes him doubly amazings.

He's referred to as 'Chris Package' in this house blush

Memoires Tue 15-Nov-16 23:40:52

I don't tend to watch Autumn Watch or Spring Watch; dh prefers to watch things blowing up and men with guns running about, instead, so I can't really comment on his presenting skills as per those shows.

The Wonder of Animals doesn't have him in front of the camera so he's just doing an Attenboroughesque thing, and he does it very well, with lots of interesting stuff I had not heard before, such as the length of jaw and therefore strength of bite of Big Cats.

AlwaysWashing Tue 15-Nov-16 23:45:48

Ooh yes loved Chris Packham since I was a teenager and The Really Wild Show (is that what it was called?).

BishopBrennansArse Tue 15-Nov-16 23:45:48

Yep, he's autistic.
I like him.

Littlefluffyclouds81 Wed 16-Nov-16 00:58:10

He came to my house when I was a kid. He had a sports car and a very beautiful girlfriend. I got his autograph <smug>.

Memoires Wed 16-Nov-16 09:38:34

Is she the one who's now his wife/partner. I hope he's got a lovely woman and is very happy.

P1nkP0ppy Wed 16-Nov-16 09:56:09

<boak>
He's insufferably smug, arrogant fancies himself as David Attenborough's successor (not a chance) and I won't watch any programmes if he's in them.

He makes my flesh creep.

Littlefluffyclouds81 Wed 16-Nov-16 10:35:41

Don't think it was her. She was very blonde and glamorous looking and I was slightly in awe. I was about 9 though, so around 1990.

Memoires Wed 16-Nov-16 11:05:12

grin @ LittleFluffyClouds

It would seem he's like Marmite.

I think I love David Lammy too. It's the voice, gentle but firm.

brodchengretchen Wed 16-Nov-16 11:11:07

He's ok in very small doses, but this does beg the question of LAA (Life After Attenborough). There are so few subject led presenters nowadays - all of the current crop seem to be career presenters, often trained on Blue Peter where the ability to yell uncontrollably over practically nothing is required.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now