to ask if you've been to Lapland UK?

(18 Posts)
ElfingHeck Tue 15-Nov-16 14:52:20

Would you recommend it? We'll be in Windsor for something else midweek in December and wondering if to make it a special trip for the kids with a visit. It's bloody expensive though, so only if it's really worth it.

Kids are 8, 7 and 5 and all believe fervently in Father Xmas, so only want to go if it's rather magical. Also, does the time of day matter? Would be either afternoon or twilight ...

TenaciousOne Tue 15-Nov-16 15:03:19

Not yet. Going for the first time on Sunday. Would love to hear what others have thought about it.

Ilovewillow Tue 15-Nov-16 15:17:03

We've been three times, it's absolutely worth the money. It is so well done and magical. I would suggest going later in the day when it's getting dark to make it even more magical. We took our 7yr old and 2yr old last year but not going this yr as our now 8yr old is starting to have her doubts! Go while they still believe.

deliciousdevilwoman Tue 15-Nov-16 21:21:22

It's amazing! I took DD for her 5th birthday last year (a week before Christmas). Worth every penny. We were there from around 11.30am as had a two hours' journey back. There was a lot to pack in during the day but it never felt rushed.

PoptartPoptart Tue 15-Nov-16 21:50:52

My DS is 11 now and sadly doesn't believe anymore. Over the years though we went to several different places to see Father Christmas, garden centres, big shopping department stores etc. I can honestly say that Lapland UK was the very best by a mile and is the only one DS remembers and still talks about fondly. It is expensive but really worth every penny for the magical experience and the memories.

winterisnigh Tue 15-Nov-16 21:55:37

Is it worth taking child who doesn't believe anymore?

mygorgeousmilo Tue 15-Nov-16 21:56:13

Oooh following!

PoptartPoptart Tue 15-Nov-16 22:50:10

I'd say it's probably not worth taking a child who doesn't believe anymore, unless they are going along with younger children who do, iyswim. Having said that, there are lots of Christmassy activities to do before you actually meet FC, making toys, icing gingerbread, outdoor skating etc. Personally I'd say the optimum age range is 5-8, depending on the child of course. The whole experience is magical and a lovely day, it really gets you in the Christmas mood.

edwinbear Tue 15-Nov-16 23:11:10

Went last year with ds (6) and dd (4). It was amazing, even for the adults, absolutely magical and well worth the money. I would suggest going about 4pm so you get the full effect of the twinkly lights, its also worth paying for the toy they make. We wrapped them up and put them under the tree with Santa's 'thank you for coming card' it made their day!

OvertiredandConfused Tue 15-Nov-16 23:38:13

Have taken older children who don't believe and it was still magical. So glad we went

BananaInPyjama Wed 16-Nov-16 04:04:39

I took mine when we lived in UK. They still believe that they have seen the 'real' FC. All the others are pretend!

Well worth the money- amazingly well done and even as a cynical adult I could see how hard they had worked to make it magical.

BusyBeez99 Wed 16-Nov-16 05:47:13

Well worth the money. We took DS when he was just coming up 8 and he loved it. The ice skating is included and when you arrive there is a lovely introduction which even us adults started believing was all real! The big guy is done very well. The food wasn't expensive. Enjoy it!

Stanky Wed 16-Nov-16 06:23:32

Can we please have a link to the website? I've heard bad things about some of these experiences, but maybe they were cheap knock off versions of the one you're describing.

maddiemookins16mum Wed 16-Nov-16 07:40:22

I wouldn't (but can recommend the Christmas Santa Sleepovers at Chessington).

AtSea1979 Wed 16-Nov-16 07:42:56

Why maddie have you actually been?

maddiemookins16mum Wed 16-Nov-16 07:46:17

Yep, it was overpriced and too many people for the activities thanks.

BusyBeez99 Wed 16-Nov-16 07:49:44

we picked the first "slot" and we were first on the ice rink. Later is was getting busier. Great gift from "santa" too and love all the bits you get before. Was able to whip DS into a frenzy of anticipation smile

AtSea1979 Wed 16-Nov-16 09:07:57

Thanks hmm lovely attitude maddie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now