R2 breakfast show CIN

(8 Posts)
shhhgobacktosleep Mon 14-Nov-16 09:10:35

I listen to Chris Evans R2 breakfast show every morning. Today, as they do every year at this time, is the Children in Need Auction. I'm not debating whether it's a good cause or not but AIBU to be shocked that people can afford easily in excess of £20k for a lunch cooked by a celeb chef etc? Am I the only listener who has spent the entire show feeling I perhaps am not the target audience for R2 after all ?

Needmyowndesertisland Mon 14-Nov-16 09:15:05

You're not the only one. I switched over to the local station, the ads don't raise my blood pressure as much as this auction.

TheWantedOne Mon 14-Nov-16 09:22:50

Same here. It's been switched off!

Nanny0gg Mon 14-Nov-16 09:41:48

And here.

WordGetsAround Mon 14-Nov-16 09:44:35

I love it. Haven't got anywhere near that sort of money, but can cope with the fact that other people do. Think it's great that such wealthy people will spend over the odds on great prizes for a brilliant cause. If I was a millionaire, I would too!

fruityb Mon 14-Nov-16 09:47:07

YANBU while I appreciate it's great for raising money it really did exclude me as a listener because it felt like we were being invited to listen to people with lots more money than me enjoy something I could never afford to do. They never had anything that us normals could take part in!

WordGetsAround Mon 14-Nov-16 10:15:45

I don't get that though - unless you're jealous of their money, I don't see why you can't just enjoy the fun of it all.

FlyingElbows Mon 14-Nov-16 10:20:49

I turned it off too. I'm very happy for the people who have that sort of money and I think it's wonderful that they choose to donate it rather than waste it on stuff. However, we have had a very difficult year and tbh it just made me feel a bit shit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now