What do you do if your co workers are lazy feckers

(17 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Sun 13-Nov-16 15:23:49

eoriginalLEM

Ive been working full time since june, previously pt in a different role.

One girl notoriously lazy and frustrates me and others.

Another new member of staff started same time as me and was very keen and hard working.

Our workplace can become insanely busy and pressurised and generally during these times everyone pulls together and we work really well as a team. It is during the less busy times that some people are slacking off, sitting about and generally leaving things to those more keenme!!!I don't mind sitting on my arse having a laugh during the rare times we are quiet butmore and more lately i am noticing that im running around trying to get my jobs done whilst they are sat around. They also don'tchip.inand help with tasks they are not rota'd to do that day wheras i always do this.

i am not the only person to have noticed this.

The problem is that the main lazy fucker has befriended my deputy line manager and they are becoming increasingly lazy. Also frustratingly avsilavle when called upon by senior staff members so they appear to me more helpful than me because im usually busy doing the shit no one else wants to do!

We have appraisals looming and im anxious about it. Partly because one of the people doing the appraisals is one of the slackers and because i actually really like the lazy fuckers and don't want to be abtittle tattle.

I feel i am doing the lion's share of the work and this isn't recognised.

i am to start training next year and one of the slackers is to be my clinical mentor.

i am over qualified for the job but i love it and think lrm just do your best but this is really beginning to rankle and i don't know how to deal with it. Speaking to colleagues, they feel much the same.

Maverickismywingman Sun 13-Nov-16 15:39:55

Following with interest.

I've tried delegating, mentioning to more senior staff and simply not doing thing that need done but all that does is annoy me and mean I have to do it anyway.

Andro Sun 13-Nov-16 16:31:34

I always get suspicious when the same person is always available - makes me start checking which work stations have accessed which jobs and when!

Lazy so and so's are thankfully rare in my division, but the few who get in are caught out. I would hope that most managers have the intelligence to spot work and behaviour patterns.

Racerback Sun 13-Nov-16 16:38:14

You can't beat them. So you should join them.

Seriously, hard work is a mug's game.

only half joking

tass1960 Sun 13-Nov-16 16:52:13

I work with one of these - she spends a good part of her day doing personal stuff and quite a bit of it out smoking or on her mobile - it doesn't impact on me because we do different jobs but I honestly do not know how she gets away with it. The bosses are aware but no-one is prepared to take her on. She has had many many disciplinary meetings but still carries on. It is truly unbelievable.

Because it doesn't impact on my workload I try to ignore it (though the smell of smoke from her is disgusting) ...

This doesn't answer your question but I enjoyed my rant smile

Missyaggravation Sun 13-Nov-16 16:52:36

It's true racer back, I used to care and try really hard at work, but it's so nepotistic that there really isn't any point. Get through the shift any way I can is my modus operandi now, God I need a new job

TaliDiNozzo Sun 13-Nov-16 17:17:20

I work with some of these. One in particular.

In my role we all do something similar and then each have different admin like tasks. Lazy fucker decided she didn't want to do her admin task anymore so it got distributed amongst the rest of the team who were already overworked and overloaded compared to her. She now does fuck all but spends her time bitching and moaning about everything.

I have a very lovely colleague to whom she is nothing but a bully and has gone to management complaining about. Lovely colleague was devastated to be hauled into management and told off. Of course, everyone complains about lazy fucker but she never get properly told off so just continues her lazy bullying ways.

I don't know how you solve a problem like that. I've been trying for the last three years to solve mine but nothing seems to work. Lazy people rarely understand how lazy they are, even when picked up on it.

PurpleMinionMummy Sun 13-Nov-16 17:28:53

Urghhhhhh I work with one too. I complain endlessly to my boss who claims her hands are tied.

Racerback Sun 13-Nov-16 17:31:03

I think many, many employed people could do with taking a long hard look at what they do and stopping doing anything that isn't a) absolutely essential, and b) in their job description.

We have an epidemic of crap management in this country because eager beavers are doing far more than they're paid or expected to do. OP says They also don'tchip.inand help with tasks they are not rota'd to do that day wheras i always do this. That's the problem, right there. Nothing will every improve while people like OP are covering up for broken systems or incompetent managers.

Stop spinning all those plates. Let a few smash. The resentment will kill you otherwise.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 13-Nov-16 17:43:14

i suspect you may be right. the management is dire. It isn't a corporate environment and therefore no processes in place for grievances.

Am going to have to think long and hard about whether i want to embark on training as i can't see things changing anytime soon

scaryclown Sun 13-Nov-16 17:47:20

What i like to do is say to one of the lazy fuckers, haha i know (another lazy fucker) is always trying to make oyt that because they talk to the boss all the time the boss wont notive they arent working..mad..the boss is actually there when they do it!! god knows how thats going to go down in the appraisal..! its activity they are monitoring...you'll be ok...

BalloonSlayer Sun 13-Nov-16 18:13:32

I have done a LOT of temping in my time and I'd say in 85% of the jobs I had I'd think "if everyone in this office did their job properly, did an actual day's work, they wouldn't need a temp."

TheZeppo Sun 13-Nov-16 18:32:28

Agree with racerback

Incidentally, this is basically how I met my best friend. I was a (rather lazy) student doing a part time shop job. She popped up as my new manager. First thing she said to me? I hate lazy people. Before she even said hello grin I didn't change my ways immediately, of course!

I work about a million times harder now I'm
in a job I value and love, by the way.

KathArtic Sun 13-Nov-16 19:28:28

Those in charge of teams don't care who does the tasks, just as long as they get done. One could do 50%, the other 150%.....as long as the job gets done the managers/TLs don't care who does more or less. They won't get a bollocking from their managers, and they don't want the hassle of challenging unproductive staff - it's easier to listen to staff who are pissed off than do anything about it.

tass1960 Mon 14-Nov-16 21:50:53

Interestingly we have a temp covering for ours just now and everything is running so smoothly. Everyone has noticed. About to come to end though and we will be back to square one soon sad

Penfold007 Mon 14-Nov-16 22:08:39

Are they lazy feckers or do you have poor boundaries? I learnt the hard away that I had poor boundaries

AuntJane Mon 14-Nov-16 23:22:00

I lived this for several years, going through team discussions, workshops and formal mediation. I was also referred to a counsellor because of stress.

In the end, I set myself a maximum target of what I would do each day, and stuck to it. I was also advised that, if my colleagues were chatting or doing personal stuff, I should get out my e-book and read - and if my manager challenged this I was to say I was following a Welfare -recommended anti-stress coping technique.

I felt a whole lot better very quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now