444444. 4th your colleagues are lazy fuckers

(9 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Sun 13-Nov-16 15:08:29

Ive been working full time since june, previously pt in a different role.

One girl notoriously lazy and frustrates me and others.

Another new member of staff started same time as me and was very keen and hard working.

Our workplace can become insanely busy and pressurised and generally during these times everyone pulls together and we work really well as a team. It is during the less busy times that some people are slacking off, sitting about and generally leaving things to those more keen me!!!.

I don't mind sitting on my arse having a laugh during the rare times we are quiet butmore and more lately i am noticing that im running around trying to get my jobs done whilst they are sat around. They also don't chip.in and help with tasks they are not rota'd to do that day wheras i always do this.

i am not the only person to have noticed this.

The problem is that the main lazy fucker has befriended my deputy line manager and they are becoming increasingly lazy. Also frustratingly avsilavle when called upon by senior staff members so they appear to me more helpful than me because im usually busy doing the shit no one else wants to do!

We have appraisals looming and im anxious about it. Partly because one of the people doing the appraisals is one of the slackers and because i actually really like the lazy fuckers and don't want to be abtittle tattle.

I feel i am doing the lion's share of the work and this isn't recognised.

i am to start training next year and one of the slackers is to be my clinical mentor.

i am over qualified for the job but i love it and think lrm just do your best but this is really beginning to rankle and i don't know how to deal with it. Speaking to colleagues, they feel much the same.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 13-Nov-16 15:09:19

God knows what happened to the title there hmm

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 13-Nov-16 15:33:13

It's a bit of a dilemma. My first thought would be to stop undertaking tasks that you are not rota'd for as that is unnecessarily adding to your work load.

It is annoying when you are a naturally conscientious hard worker and others are lazy, but I can't see how you could make a complaint without it backfiring on you, particularly if your superiors are friends with the slackers. sad A lot of workplaces have a similar unbalanced set up, a strange mix of friendship cliques and office politics.

It's a cop out, but if a few of your colleagues are feeling the same, could you hope that one of them raises this issue, rather than you, the newbie?

Are you stabbing the number 4 on your keypad in frustration?! grin

Rainydayspending Sun 13-Nov-16 15:40:34

Don't compare to anyone. List the tasks in the dept. List the things you're doing a lot of, and how long you are spending on them, list the things you want to be working on.
Get your mentor working for you towards tasks you want to be working on.
if asked how dept can absorb these extra tasks note that "there must be time as supervisor has observed some flat time".
But, there could of course be work based chats if this is you watching whilst busy. Rather than specific feet up time.

OlennasWimple Sun 13-Nov-16 15:40:54

In some places the (unwritten) approach is that if you have insanely busy periods you're allowed to kick back during the non-busy periods

Rainydayspending Sun 13-Nov-16 15:44:29

But they might simply tell you to better time manage, if the "lazy" ones are actually very productive. Just a warning if they're friendly like that.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 13-Nov-16 16:04:12

Olennas yes and its a good rule, especially as we often work in excess of 12 hour days that can be manic. That is grand but not when there are still tasks to be done. It is the type ofwork environment that one minute there ismore than sufficient time to get things donebut then suddenly that can change. Goof off when everything is done. not think oh there's plenty of time we can do that later because sometimes later doesn't go according to plan.

I guess ill just carry on as I am. idbe bored sat on my arse

gottachangethename1 Sun 13-Nov-16 16:14:55

My line manager, who is lovely, but very lazy, told me I was too conscientious at my last appraisal! Think it pisses her off that I spend only half an hour discussing her on line dating, rather than the two hours some of the others spend. You can't win.

legotits Sun 13-Nov-16 16:14:55

Don't burn out Lem I can see the dilemma and it would irk me.

Can you delegate to anyone?
I.E. see what those sods are doing I'm up to me neck already.....

Not a full on strop mind grin just some extravagant exasperated I'm busyness?
Half pointing it out to line and team together could work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now