Need to vent!

(5 Posts)
LouBlue1507 Sat 12-Nov-16 23:21:37

MIL and FIL are separated but live in the same city, 5 mins from each other.

DP is upset as MIL has messaged him and had a go, so they've ended up rowing a bit!

MIL is upset that we visited FIL today without letting her know hmm... She's tired of all the secrets and lies?! DP hadn't even spoke to MIL and if he had, he would of mentioned it!

MIL was then upset as we didn't pop in to say hi to her. DP explained that we weren't down for long and had been to see his DGF and DGM too as well as FIL. We can't see everyone in one day! DD was very poorly and in such a bad mood that we had to leave early anyway!

I'm so annoyed because she's such a hypocrite! She's said in the past, that when we visit someone to not feel obliged to rush around and visit everyone else in one day. Come to visit one set of family at a time and have a chance to see them properly!
Funny how when it's not her we're visiting all that goes out the window!! hmm

Grrrrrrrr! She's the one to talk too! Secrets and lies?! She's the one in the past not to tell his DGM that he's visiting as she wants to see him without her being there!

It was a last minute plan to go see FIL as DD has never been to his house, no secrets, no lies! Just something nice, or so I thought!!

Arghhhhh... And breathe! grin

SabineUndine Sat 12-Nov-16 23:23:21

She's stirring trouble to get attention.

LouBlue1507 Sat 12-Nov-16 23:29:35

I just really don't understand why? Why cause an argument? sad It's silly!

kittymamma Sat 12-Nov-16 23:34:20

Because she is jealous?
Because she feels left out?
Because she is lonely?

She is massively wrong and unreasonable, but you wanted to know why, and these would be my guesses. The same way I have to negotiate my inlaws feeling when posting about us visiting my parents. My in laws get very possessive about my children and get competitive. It is no fun to be in the middle of and my DH has been known to tell them frankly to stop it and grow up.

LouBlue1507 Sat 12-Nov-16 23:35:36

She isn't lonely, she has a partner and her own DD (10)... It's one rule for one and one rule for another honestly! Drives me mad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now