To think ex is a cheeky bastard?

(77 Posts)
ElectricMelon Sat 12-Nov-16 15:23:25

My best friend came over this morning and we took Dd to the Christmas Market in my town centre. Dd's dad was due to pick her up at 12 so I text and said can you pick her up from X as we aren't near home. I knew he would be taking Dd to the market so thought it would be easier for him anyway.

He said yes but OW will be with me. I assumed that anyway as I know they are a couple (he left me for her two weeks before I have birth to, now 3 year old, Dd so it isn't a recent thing) and they live together so obviously I knew she would be with him. I text back 'okay' as I didn't see the issue; I'm a grown up and I expect to have to see her at some point.

I have begrudgingly accepted that she is a part of Dd's life now and I just have to lump it and I am not interested in causing grief with her.

I have only ever been face to face with her once about 18 months ago as I walked past their car and she was in it. I waved and said 'hiya' and she slid down in the seat and hid behind her scarf. Seeing what an absolute coward she is made me feel tonnes better about the whole thing actually and I felt like the better person after 18 months of being made to feel like the horrible one in it all.

He turned up to collect Dd and OW was nowhere to be seen. She had hid around the corner like the coward she is and daren't even face me. She is okay to play happy families with Dd and trying to get Dd to call her mummy etc but she doesn't have the backbone to face me after 3 bloody years.

We went the opposite way to where she was hiding to avoid any awkwardness and also because we wanted to circle the stalls again to have a proper child free look at stuff. I wasn't bothered about him or her and honestly was glad to be free of a tired, morngy Dd and enjoy the market!

About twenty minutes later we went to a tapas place for some dinner and I got a text from ex saying:

'Are you staying around town because it isn't fair on us if you are. It isn't fair on Dd if we are both around town because she will want to come home with you and OW feels uncomfortable'

hmm

I ignored the text obviously as what I do in my child free time is fuck all to do with him and I am not being made to feel like I shouldn't be allowed to walk around my own bloody town centre because of how OW feels! I felt uncomfortable at the thought of seeing them playing happy families with Dd but I had on my big girl knickers and just ignored it! We are all adults and should be able to be in the same bloody town centre ffs.

I can't believe the cheek of him. I wouldn't dream of texting him if I felt uncomfortable, I would just go home if I was that bothered.

HughLauriesStubble Sat 12-Nov-16 15:28:40

Cheeky bastard! Tell him to tell OW to grow up ffs hmm

slightlypeevedwombat Sat 12-Nov-16 15:28:44

i would (be tempted to) reply with "aw diddums"

SquinkiesRule Sat 12-Nov-16 15:31:21

Text Grow the fuck up, I'm not interested in her being too chicken to be in the same town.

KayTee87 Sat 12-Nov-16 15:31:39

They're knobs just ignore.

She tries to get your dd to call her mummy? shock

UnoriginalNN Sat 12-Nov-16 15:32:07

Glad you ignored the text. He's a twat.

She sounds cowardly as fuck. Well done for acting with such dignity! I would struggle.

Soubriquet Sat 12-Nov-16 15:33:45

Wow now that's cheeky

You're a better person than me OP

Don't think I could have resisted replying

hesterton Sat 12-Nov-16 15:33:59

Just say it's time to be civilised about these things and you will always smile and say hi, then move on if you ever bump into her.

Most strange behaviour from her! Has she had reason to fear you in the past? Have you done huge rants online or to exh about her ever?

iklboo Sat 12-Nov-16 15:34:06

'if OW can provide copy deeds that shows she owns town then I'll go home. Otherwise grow the fuck up - both of you'

YouTheCat Sat 12-Nov-16 15:37:20

Best to ignore.

ProudBadMum Sat 12-Nov-16 15:39:10

My reply would be suck a dick. A mature response would be fuck off home if she's that arsed.

An even more mature response would be to just ignore it.

I'd have walked where she was hiding and shouted 'found you, my turn now' grin

Anniegetyourgun Sat 12-Nov-16 15:41:08

Well I do think you should have put the rifle down first. The sticker on it saying "This is for you, OW" was a bit over the top and enough to make anyone nervous.

Bluntness100 Sat 12-Nov-16 15:41:12

Sounds like she's reveling in the other woman position and dragging this out. Silly behaviour. I'd just ignore it too. It's his problem now.

MakingMyWayThroughTown Sat 12-Nov-16 15:42:45

Haha what a numpty your ex is, I'd say you're well shot! and OW sounds like a coward who is petty too!
How dare he text you! If I were you I'd be tempted to reply with a detailed description of exactly where him & OW can shove it!
Bravo you for being mature and ignoring it

QueenLaBeefah Sat 12-Nov-16 15:48:42

You did the correct thing by comparison complete ignoring the text. Although I must say he's got a brass neck - what a fucking cheek.

JellyBelli Sat 12-Nov-16 15:51:53

Cheeky bastard with knobs on.
Here this is mulled wine

AmeliaJack Sat 12-Nov-16 15:53:47

A dignified silence is the way to go. You sound very sensible about the whole thing - it must be difficult.

flowers

ElectricMelon Sat 12-Nov-16 15:55:44

I was going to text back and tell the pair of them to grow up but my friend said don't even text back and make them feel uncomfortable not knowing if they will bump into us.

No hesterton I don't post anything about either of them online except anonymously on here a few times. She is actually the one who posts stuff about me. I have spoke to her once via text when I was pregnant to ask her about the affair which she denied and then sent me loads of abuse. I have obviously ranted to him about her when it all first happened but it's been 3 years and apart from her trying to get Dd to call her mummy she rarely gets mentioned in our conversations.

ItShouldHaveBeenJingleJess Sat 12-Nov-16 15:56:00

Again, way more dignity than me! Well handled! She sounds something of a drama queen to still be hiding after three years! Best of luck to your ex....grin

TheNaze73 Sat 12-Nov-16 15:57:19

Don't feed the drama llama.

You sound amazing op.

ElectricMelon Sat 12-Nov-16 15:57:22

ProudBadMum I full on belly laughed at that grin

MagikarpetRide Sat 12-Nov-16 15:59:12

You've done the right thing but how tempting must it be to write back 'if OW is so concerned about being uncomfortable she shouldn't shag other people's partners' grin

Crunchymum Sat 12-Nov-16 16:04:16

You did the right thing today OP. Well dome you for being dignified.

However the OW trying to get your 3yo to call her mummy needs to be addressed.... pronto!

Anniegetyourgun Sat 12-Nov-16 16:05:50

Yeah, poaching your husband is one thing, trying to poach your daughter another, but poaching the whole fucking town is just greedy.

ElectricMelon Sat 12-Nov-16 16:08:22

Anniegetyourgun grin she's a greedy bitch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now