Trampolines in winter

(20 Posts)
highlandbeauty Sat 12-Nov-16 11:10:22

We have just bought a small one. DH wants to keep in inside over winter. I think it would be better outside especially as it is quite mild at the moment. Do your dc use your outside trampolines in winter at all, ever? Thank you!

HearTheThunderRoar Sat 12-Nov-16 11:21:38

Yes my DD loved her trampoline (we used to have a big one outside), all year round she was on it and in all weathers, even in the depth of winter. She would spend hours on it after school / weekend.

I've got photos of DD and her friend bouncing on her trampoline with thick snow on it grin She love playing on it in the pissing rain as well, even when it was flooded / heavy with water, the water use to bounce up into the air! She was dressed appropriately might I add...

I agree with you and I think your DH is being a bit stupid tbh, it'll be fine!

NavyandWhite Sat 12-Nov-16 11:46:06

Ds doesn't go in in the winter TBH. It's absolutely huge so there's no alternative but to keep it outside. Where it comes to no harm.

Smartleatherbag Sat 12-Nov-16 11:48:52

We put ours away every winter. It has meant it's lasted longer than those left out

PickAChew Sat 12-Nov-16 11:50:35

The ones left out in winter tend to get blown around up here!

honkinghaddock Sat 12-Nov-16 11:52:06

Ds uses his outside one all year in waterproofs if need be.

honkinghaddock Sat 12-Nov-16 11:53:42

Ours is well tied down.

NoahVale Sat 12-Nov-16 11:55:40

the sun doesnt have to be shining to bounce
its great fun and great exercise whatever the whether.

EveOnline2016 Sat 12-Nov-16 11:58:11

Hasn't he seen the John Lewis commercial

Pootlebug Sat 12-Nov-16 11:58:54

Ours has been outdoors for 5 years and gets use both summer and winter. It's looking a bit less pristine than when we first got it but is still going strong.
For the £120 it cost, I'd rather buy a 2nd one if necessary down the line and have more use out of it.

RockyTop Sat 12-Nov-16 12:29:03

John Lewis says it's fine.

PinkSwimGoggles Sat 12-Nov-16 12:35:27

tranpolins are great esp in winter when dc need a quick burst of jumping and tumbling.
we have a tiny 1m one that lives next to the shed and is quickly but up and down if needed.

daisychain01 Sat 12-Nov-16 13:01:46

Definitely take it indoors if you want it to last.

I mean, think of the damage caused by all those fox and badger claws,hedgehog spines, squirrels nibbling away at the shredded bits etc....

highlandbeauty Sat 12-Nov-16 13:21:43

Thank you - it is going outside!

I think dc would be very happy to see a fox or badger on it too!

Natsku Sat 12-Nov-16 13:46:13

We put ours away in the winter as we left it out one winter and the padding round the edge for ruined (we do have very snowy freezing winters where I live though) so had to buy new padding, so now it goes away in winter and comes back out in spring.

topcat2014 Sat 12-Nov-16 13:53:55

mine has been outside for 7 years. We put new netting on it a while back. Bit rusted round the edges, but I'm buggered if I am going to take it apart and put it back together each year. crap at diy.

Anyway, I expect it would have got put away for ever a few years ago if I did that.

DD is 10, and it still gets used.

lljkk Sat 12-Nov-16 14:10:08

mine is 12' diameter... where would I store that indoors?? confused
Used in all seasons.

The padding wears out regardless, I suspect. Steel springs are still fine.

PipersPiping Sat 12-Nov-16 14:12:25

We couldn't bring ours in even if we wanted to so it's staying outside.

Dionysuss Sat 12-Nov-16 14:16:57

Once the leaves start falling I take the net walls off mine then put a plastic cover over it. It gets covered in leaves that turn to mush then no one goes on it anyway otherwise. I uncover it in March.

Natsku Sat 12-Nov-16 15:43:24

And by bringing it inside, I mean we dismantle it and stick in the garage. Although come to think of it, could probably remantle (probably not a word, but should be) it inside the garage to use during winter as there's plenty of room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now