To feel like now is the right time?

(4 Posts)
smudgedlipstick Fri 11-Nov-16 21:55:59

Bit of background, This time last year my place of work temporarily shut, fast forward to now and it is now shutting permanently. I have been on loan if you like up until now but in around 6 months I will be transferred quite far away. We have a dd already and have spoken in the past about having another and decided in two years to try as we are trying to buy a house at the moment and should be more settled, have more room, be financially better off in around two years. This recent news has got me thinking about trying to have our next baby now instead, I would get a very good maternity leave, and could then look for a new job after that. Dh does not agree and thinks we should stick to our original plan and wait two years. I understand we are trying to buy a house and the space and things, but we will have to postpone the house anyway if I am unable to find another job, (or don't get as good a wage). it just seems like the perfect time, if I found something else, I would only be there a year before having another baby if we stuck to what we wanted originally. I am feeling abit torn by him saying no, Aibu to try and change his mind?

DeadGood Fri 11-Nov-16 22:00:55

Hmm, I'd be tempted to go for it if you are getting the urge, as the feeling of wanting a baby (but not being "allowed" to try for one) can drive one a bit mad.

How old are you, do you have time to wait?

smudgedlipstick Fri 11-Nov-16 22:05:58

26 so not short of time, I wanted around a 5 year age gap as dd would be at school and I could give the second the same amount of time as I did my first( not sure of the likelihood of thisgrin). Forgot to mention I have had an extremely crap year, my work arrangement has been pretty awful and have a lot of struggles with anxiety because of this. I am on my way out of this at the moment and feel like trying to find something else could give me a push back. Sorry to drip feed, and thanks for understanding my badly written first post!

harderandharder2breathe Fri 11-Nov-16 22:30:02

Check the rules in your contract if you have an enhanced maternity package you may be forced to return to your job there or pay money back.

It has to be a joint decision between you and DP, I assume he's aware of your anxiety caused by the work issues? And therefore that you'd likely benefit from some time away from working

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now