To ask if anyone knows how many mg of sacralise is in a glass of squash?

(10 Posts)
Healthyliving2000 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:36:22

My DD has been put on movicol and the only way to get her to drink enough fluid to make it work is in squash. I currently use high juice but have been horrified to work out she is consuming 50:/: of an adults daily sugar allowance in squash alone blush

So I have bought some sugar free squash, it contains sucralose. The NHS website say up to 15mg per kg of body weight a day is safe. How on earth do you work out how many mg of sucralose is in a cup or even a bottle of squash? I can't seem to find anything on the bottle? DD drinks about 2 litres of fluid a day so I'm not sure if this will be too much sucralose?

Healthyliving2000 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:37:03

Sorry title should say sucralose I didn't spell check blush

Toddlerteaplease Tue 08-Nov-16 21:38:37

It should say somewhere, how much is in xx ml of the stuff.

Healthyliving2000 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:42:06

www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/squash/sainsburys-double-concentrate-apple---blackcurrant-squash--no-added-sugar-15l

This is the one I've bought, these are the same ingredients that are on the bottle, I can't see a quantity of sucralose or am I being thick? blush

dementedpixie Tue 08-Nov-16 21:43:44

I really wouldn't worry about it. you would probably need to be drinking bottles of it per day to be overdosing

FleurThomas Tue 08-Nov-16 21:44:04

Normal sugar stuff is better for you than the reduced sugar stuff for this reason. You could just make a more diluted version & flavour it with fresh fruit juice. High in sugar yes, but it will just be temporary until her constipation is relieved.

dementedpixie Tue 08-Nov-16 21:44:51

There can't be that much in it as its the last ingredient

Healthyliving2000 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:46:13

She will have to have it long term due to allergies

lifeisaconundrumattimes Tue 08-Nov-16 21:49:12

Agree that she'd have to be drinking bottles of the stuff to be overdosing.

As far as ingredients lists goes I think that they are listed in order of quantity. So the fact that sucralose comes last in that least - some way after the blackcurrant that is 2% of it overall means that it's going to be in tiny quantities. Even if it were just under 2% that would be 2g for every 100g of concentrate.

So in short I shouldn't worry!

Healthyliving2000 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:54:41

Oh ok great that sounds like it will be fine then lifeisaconundrumattimes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now