The effects of alcohol on relationships

(5 Posts)
user1473509591 Sun 06-Nov-16 10:44:54

Woken up this morning with a knot in my stomach. Knew instantly something was wrong but decided to wait till my dh woke up to get the gossip. He went to a housewarming last night, and his brother, who he used to be close with, kicked off with him. Why does alcohol make being 'truthful' an attractive route to go down when emotions are naturally high? So his brother told him he hates him and he always has and he hates that he doesn't work and bums about (fine yeah but, surely that's between us as a couple?) Apparently everyone sits round laughing and bitching about us. And to top it off, bil starts swinging fists and has to be pulled off by bouncers.
I don't know where to go. My dh is upset and angry, posted a nasty dirty laundry Facebook basically lashing out at everyone who it could possibly relate to, and he's being nasty to me aswell. Looks like the kids are the only ones in his good books! Where on earth do we go from here? Alienated from all our friends and family!

ilovesooty Sun 06-Nov-16 10:46:38

They had bouncers at a house warming?

user1473509591 Sun 06-Nov-16 10:53:38

Oh no , he and his brother went to a pub when everyone started leaving x

HoneyDragon Sun 06-Nov-16 10:56:43

Why is he being horrible to you? Maybe his brother has a point if you are accepting retaliation from your partner for a incident that has nothing to do with you?

baconandeggies Sun 06-Nov-16 10:59:52

and he's being nasty to me aswell.

This is the bit that is most concerning. If you're both happy at home and in your choices (?) you can brush other people's negative judgement off... But there's no excuse for him taking it out on you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now