to want to go watch fireworks?

(9 Posts)
Morporkia Sat 05-Nov-16 10:36:19

bonfire night is one of my favourite things, always has been. When the kids were little, big, loud displays freaked my DS out so we always had a little display in the back garden with sausages inna bun. But now that DS is away at yooni and DD is off out doing her own thing, DH isn't interested in having any fireworks or sausages inna bun. or going to the big display in our town. this makes me sad and, i'm afraid, quite grumpy. AIBU?

Ginmakesitallok Sat 05-Nov-16 10:38:06

Go by yourself. I love organised fireworks displays. Ones at home scare the shite out of me.

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 05-Nov-16 10:38:45

Go on your own! I would if I really wanted to see them. No one will even notice you're by yourself in the crowds in the dark. Enjoy!

EastMidsMummy Sat 05-Nov-16 10:41:02

Fireworks = reasonable

Inna = unreasonable

Morporkia Sat 05-Nov-16 10:44:59

ah..forgot to mention that i get...um...nervy in big crowds on my own (and with others, but DH is great at keeping me from running around waving arms screaming like a banshee calm. sorry for the drip feed. blush

Morporkia Sat 05-Nov-16 10:47:03

eastmids sausages-inna-bun are a delicacy in the magnificent twin city of Ankh-Morpork. (ketchup 10p extra)

GirlOverboard Sat 05-Nov-16 10:50:57

Go alone. As for being nervous in big crowds, you don't have to actually enter the fireworks display. Find somewhere quiet outside where you can get a good view.

Morporkia Sat 05-Nov-16 11:09:40

girloverboard that's a good idea...i could drive up to the big hill that overshadows looks the town and watch ALL of the fireworks....with a big thermos full of hot chocolate!

DamsonInDistress Sat 05-Nov-16 11:12:14

Sausages inna bun is all very well, but sometimes Rat onna stick is what you really need!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now