To ask where to buy a good bed?

(40 Posts)
strandedabroad Fri 04-Nov-16 20:09:45

We're upgrading to a king size bed.

If you've bought a nice quality bed recently, would you be able to share where from?

Thank you!

MissClarke86 Fri 04-Nov-16 20:11:10

Bed frame or mattress?

We bought a Vi-spring mattress from Barker and Stonehouse which is very comfy.

Artandco Fri 04-Nov-16 20:14:10

We bought a lovely one from 'button and sprung'. All their mattresses are filled with natural eco materials. We have a 11,000 spring mattress or something like that

maslinpan Fri 04-Nov-16 20:15:35

Warren Evans are great

hesterton Fri 04-Nov-16 20:15:55

I can't recommend Warren Evans' beds enough. They really are well made and the mattresses are so comfortable. All our beds are from there and guests always comment on what a good night's sleep they have.

hesterton Fri 04-Nov-16 20:16:21

And the floating bed makes your bedroom feel bigger and 'cleaner'.

Thatwaslulu Fri 04-Nov-16 20:16:25

We bought a really nice bed from a local independent shop and paid £450. The same bed in Dreams was £1200. I can't remember the brand though. The model is Georgia.

Itchyclit Fri 04-Nov-16 20:16:45

Warren Evans are great, but unfortunately I couldn't get one as they don't deliver to Scotland, got a good one from Bensons in the end.

strandedabroad Fri 04-Nov-16 20:16:47

Bed frame and mattress!

OohNoDooEy Fri 04-Nov-16 20:18:04

We have a lovely Hypnos mattress. Avoid the chain shops unless you need the finance

bonjovigirl Fri 04-Nov-16 20:19:30

Another vote for Warren Evans. Bought their "oriental" bed frame. Delivery includes free assembly which is brilliant!

SisterViktorine Fri 04-Nov-16 20:20:21

Well, we love our Ikea Malm superking. Memory foam topped mattress is amazing and the frame is low to the ground, which I like.

NotYoda Fri 04-Nov-16 20:20:47

Warren Evans too!

Great value, great quality, and they build it for you.

Didn't get mattress from them though - already had one

CremeBrulee Fri 04-Nov-16 20:21:54

We splashed out on a Dunlopillo bed last year. I love it - it's so warm and comfortable. I stay in a lot of nice hotels but nothing else is quite as nice as my bed.

maslinpan Fri 04-Nov-16 20:22:10

Warren Evans do great mattresses too...

MrsMozart Fri 04-Nov-16 20:23:23

Dreams - excellent bed, excellent service. And, they do a 'comfort guarantee' thing, so if you don't like it then you can swap the mattress smile

Evvy543 Fri 04-Nov-16 20:23:55

Got a brand new black leather kingsize bed including memory foam mattress for 225 and free delivery on eBay x x have a look on there

RiverTam Fri 04-Nov-16 20:27:01

Unless they've changed recently, I'd be thumbs down for Warren Evans. We got a king size from there quite a while ago.and had to ditch it after a few years as it had no central support. Unless they've changed their design I wouldn't recommend them at all. We've been sleeping in a mattress on the floor since then!

blueturtle6 Fri 04-Nov-16 20:28:56

Warren Evans floating bed looks amazing. We are also looking for a new bed.

mummysmellsofsick Fri 04-Nov-16 20:35:51

We've had several broken beds in a row so we decided to get a really well made one, we went with Riverwood Beds (handmade in Glasgow) they took longer to make it than they promised but it is a really beautiful sturdy bed, should outlast us! Would recommend if you aren't in a hurry. And if you like oak framed beds.

Redinthefacegirl Fri 04-Nov-16 20:40:02

Another vote for Warren Evans, 6 years on and we still love our bed. The mattress is still superbly comfortable.

Feckerlino Fri 04-Nov-16 20:42:05

Somnus beds are fab

HolesInTheFloor Fri 04-Nov-16 20:42:10

I got mine from Loaf. Can't recommend them enough - gorgeous bed, British made and really lovely customer service

SnakeWitch Fri 04-Nov-16 20:43:02

We got an iGel mattress from Bensons for Beds recently, and it is so comfy I regularly sleep all night without stirring which I never did before.

bonjovigirl Fri 04-Nov-16 20:45:58

Oh no RiverTam, that's not great. I've only had the "oriental" since August- it's a super King and doesn't have a central support. The horizontal supports are inch thick planks of wood though that have been screwed in so seemed pretty sturdy.
OP I liked Warren Evans as they were really helpful on phone (I couldn't get to a showroom but had questions before buying online) and they use proper wood assembly with joints and screws rather than flat pack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now