To have a week of very easy meals - ideas welcome!

(6 Posts)
Peopleplease Thu 03-Nov-16 10:02:41

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and DD is 3. Due to sickness at the start of pregnancy and tiredness now DH took over most of the cooking. DD is picky - she might love something today and refuse to even try it tomorrow.

She does have a list of things she'll always eat - all fruit, avocado, cheese potatoes, bread, waffles, yoghurt, pizza &beans. Pasta, rice and eggs are the main things she'll love today and hate tomorrow.

ANYWAY DH is away next week. I'm doing the meal plan and shopping list and I'm planning to just do mostly things I know she'll eat. Is that ok for a week? So jacket potatoes, beans on toast, waffles & cheese.

Kinda feel like it's lazy but to be honest I just want an easy week.

ChuckGravestones Thu 03-Nov-16 10:03:27

It will be fine.

2014newme Thu 03-Nov-16 10:04:55

Yanbu. Confused why you think it could be seen as unreasonable though?

Peopleplease Thu 03-Nov-16 10:12:34

2014 it's a bit lazy and not entirely nutritious (pretty much everything is beige - although she loves berries)

2014newme Thu 03-Nov-16 10:41:07

You said fruit avocado eggs etc

Istandinpause Thu 03-Nov-16 10:48:06

Absolutely do it. Those sound like good food optins, and keep things nice and simple for you just when you need it. If you feel guilty about the lack of fruit and veg give her some as snacks alongside: raw mangetout or carrot sticks to crunch, lots of apples and tangerines on hand, bowl of strawberries, maybe give her a little bowl of mashed avocado alongside her main meal, and a bowl of frozen peas always went down a storm in my house. But frankly, she'll survive a week of beige food, and none of it's unhealthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now