AIBU to think that dh shouldn't put his shoes on shop furniture?

(4 Posts)
frigginell Wed 02-Nov-16 15:40:02

Just that really. Abled bodied Dh points to things with his feet by pushing against them with the sole of his shoe. Sometimes it's a big box and it doesn't matter to me quite as much; but it will just as likely be a packet of biscuits on the bottom shelf at the supermarket, one of the children's toys or a piece of display furniture. He did it today with a display footstool - the sole of his shoe actually wiped across it before sliding off back on to the floor – which is what has prompted me to post this.

AIBU to think that I am not in the minority thinking that this is disrespectful and embarrassing? I want the ground to swallow me up every time he does it. When I mention it he usually rolls his eyes at me, gives an inauthentic apology and does it the next time regardless. He says that he cannot understand why I care, and that he does actually make accommodations for me by doing it somewhat less than he would if I weren’t around hmm

irregularegular Wed 02-Nov-16 15:44:22

You are definitely not being unreasonable! Shoes should not touch furniture, soft toys or packets of food!

RubbishMantra Wed 02-Nov-16 15:53:02

Please tell me he doesn't do this to your "intimate areas" when he's trying convey he fancies a shag? grin

frigginell Wed 02-Nov-16 16:04:35

I'm actually trying to remember Mantra, because that does sound like something he might have done grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now