Should I have a double whiskey..

(9 Posts)
VoyageOfDad Wed 02-Nov-16 15:11:38

... before going to the dentists for crown work ?

I've got an hour and 15 minutes before the dentist. They're going to prep my tooth for a new crown so am expecting a lot of heavy grinding.

I'm not squeamish but AIBU to think a stiff drink might help.

Bluntness100 Wed 02-Nov-16 15:12:15

You don't need a drink, I have a crown, they numb you, you can't feel anything.

Katy07 Wed 02-Nov-16 15:17:08

You won't feel anything pain-wise I agree but having recently had the same sort of thing (removing a crown-type inlay and replacing) there was a lot of grinding and it was mentally hard work for me. It makes your head shudder a lot and the noise was loud, and I was tense the whole time. So I can see the appeal of a drink!
But if you've got a space already and it's just smoothing it off before measuring it up (so to speak) for a new crown then you'll be fine. It shouldn't take much grinding at all.
Either way I'm thinking positive thoughts for you wine

ProseccoBitch Wed 02-Nov-16 15:19:50

Go for it, I would.

Redtartanshoes Wed 02-Nov-16 15:21:28

There's a risk they might not do it if they think you are intoxicated, insurance/H&is etc

Sorry

VoyageOfDad Wed 02-Nov-16 15:22:22

😁

Yeah it's more the experience of grinding and injections I'd like to take the edge off.

And having an hour to kill.

VoyageOfDad Wed 02-Nov-16 17:07:10

Had a single single malt.

Much drilling at dentist.

Need a drink after the £800 bill 😫

Katy07 Thu 03-Nov-16 12:42:15

You'd think after the trauma of the treatment they'd pay you - after all, I bet they enjoyed themselves hmm

YelloDraw Thu 03-Nov-16 12:44:05

No.
Tell the dentist you want pain free dentistry! It is possible, but those working on the NHS clock don't have time to take the time to ensure you get enough local in the right places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now