To ask where you buy Christmas decorations/gift wrap/accessories

(16 Posts)
summerskittles91 Wed 02-Nov-16 13:50:34

Sorry to anyone who hates Christmas chat this early! blush

Looking for somewhere affordable that does decent decorations for tree & home as well as wrapping paper and so on. Got a few decorations from last year but want something nice for home (Live with DN's so like to make an effort for them!)

TaterTots Wed 02-Nov-16 13:53:44

I will miss BHS for wrapping paper sad

M&S usually do 3 for 2 on all their gift wrap and decos. Boots often have nice wrapping paper. For a smaller budget, try Wilkinson.

TheSunnySide Wed 02-Nov-16 13:55:09

Wilkos

Sciurus83 Wed 02-Nov-16 13:56:03

Paperchase do nice cards and wrap

LagunaBubbles Wed 02-Nov-16 13:56:09

Got some in Asda last night, nice foil wrapping paper 3 for £5.

Kittykatmacbill Wed 02-Nov-16 13:56:57

Lidl or if you are going for something else ikea. Generally get one thing (decoration) John Lewis too because it's lovely.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 02-Nov-16 13:57:32

I usually get some nice wrapping paper from a charity catalog and then cheap stuff from pound shops if theres anything big to wrap.

frikadela01 Wed 02-Nov-16 14:00:00

I love the range for decorations. They usually have a huge Christmas section.

I always get my wrapping from the supermarkets. Im tight though and don't see the point od spending lots on something that's going to be ripped off and end up in the bin.

Cakescakescakes Wed 02-Nov-16 14:00:03

Ikea

HairsprayBabe Wed 02-Nov-16 14:03:57

The Range, Matalan, John Lewis and Wilkos for decs
Home bargains, Paperchase, The Works and Matalan for wrapping paper and tags
I make my own cards

SuperFlyHigh Wed 02-Nov-16 14:05:17

decs - John Lewis and Tiger, Paperchase and WH Smith and Tiger for paper or make/recycle my own.

cards - sometimes make or often charity, the ones outside churches etc.

spottymoo Wed 02-Nov-16 14:07:19

The range and Sainsbury's have some lovely bits and bobs in.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 02-Nov-16 14:08:01

I was in Matalan the other day and saw some great value wrapping and tags etc.....
Don't often go so made a mental note to go there for my bits and bobs

SuperFlyHigh Wed 02-Nov-16 14:09:02

spottymoo yeah I've used Sainsbos too in past and will check there this weekend when doing big shop.

summerskittles91 Wed 02-Nov-16 14:10:39

Thank you for your suggestions!

I'm due a trip to IKEA to look at baby stuff so will look out for Christmas decorations.

I loved the range last year - it was 2 minutes away from where I worked and I got SO much stuff from there, so was hoping for a change, but I might go have a visit and see if they have different stuff in this year. Moved jobs so not close to it anymore unfortunately.

Just looked at Wilko online and its cheap and cheerful so may pop into store if I get a chance - the £4 delivery seems a bit much, but with everything so cheap guess i shouldn't complain!

Butlerbabyno2 Wed 02-Nov-16 15:36:58

B&M do really good gift wrap, stocking filler presents, candy canes for the tree etc all cheap - paper is 99p a roll I've stocked up - and the 3m wide paper good for big presents is only slighter dearer at £1 wink quite a few home decorations too if you like the hanging nik nac type decorations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now