AIBU to want Christmas lights up..... now!?

(15 Posts)
WildRoses Tue 01-Nov-16 22:49:52

I just want to put some up around the garden shed to brighten up the dark nights and garden, not inside yet. DH won't let me until the 1st December. AIBU?

gabsdot Tue 01-Nov-16 22:53:10

Yes YABVU.
Wait a month please.

MooPointCowsOpinion Tue 01-Nov-16 22:56:41

No I agree with you, gentle twinkle lights are beautiful, and lights in your own garden can be up any time of the year.

Leave any giant inflatable Santas until December, but lights are just lights, and are for life not just for Christmas.

OwlinaTree Tue 01-Nov-16 22:57:08

Yes, wait till Dec. You will be sick of them by Xmas! My neighbour has little solar powered lanterns, could you get those?

youngestisapsycho Tue 01-Nov-16 22:58:35

We have white lights in our garden all year round... do what you want!

WildRoses Wed 02-Nov-16 07:58:26

Oh my God Moopoint! That's exactly what I said. They're for life, just not for Christmas. I don't want anything up in the house until the middle of Dec. These are just little fairy lights.

TheCatsBiscuits Wed 02-Nov-16 08:10:24

We've had a really shitty 2016 in this house. I'm all for starting the pretty, lights-sparkling-in-dark-nights bits of Christmas a few weeks early.

Cakedoesntjudge Wed 02-Nov-16 08:17:36

If you hate early Christmas stuff don't read the following:

** My workplace may or may not definitely definitely is allowing us to wear Christmas tops/jumpers from today. We are all dead excited.

Go forth with the lights I say!!!

And also, as an aside, in complete agreement with the other posters who've pointed out fairy lights can look lovely in a garden all year round!

OutnumberedbyFurchesters Wed 02-Nov-16 08:20:27

Yes for lights!! I love them, we have solar and mini string lights all year round. :D especially with the dark nights and crappy year I've had smile

Lights are for life not just for Christmas!

TheNewWife Wed 02-Nov-16 08:22:19

Garden lights etc, go for it, cheers up the dark nights.
Specific Christmas decorations shouldn't be up before 1st Dec but that's my personal preference.

WildRoses Wed 02-Nov-16 11:44:33

Sorry to hear about the chap year you have had Outnumbered and Cats. I'm just having a shit time with 3 teenagers at the mo and feeling particularly unloved.
CAKE I worked for a supermarket last year and by the end of November e were sick to death of having it rammed down our throats but I'm not there now so I'm looking forward to enjoying Christmas at my own pace this year. DH is still refusing the lights though. angry

TheNewWife Wed 02-Nov-16 12:32:04

Just put them up anyway? I know that sounds terribly underhand but my DH refused to paint a feature wall in our lounge and I realised it was just because if he said yes then he'd be left to do it! So I painted it myself and asked him to try it for a month and if he hated it then I'd paint back to white. One year later.... still a feature wall and he's said that he really likes it

NavyandWhite Wed 02-Nov-16 12:33:40

Clear lights yes why not. Christmas ones NO!

WildRoses Wed 02-Nov-16 13:58:46

*Crap. Sorry.

Dontpanicpyke Wed 02-Nov-16 14:01:52

We have garden lights all year too.

Go for it op.grin

Mind you dds want to put up the tree this weekend!

What do er think? It's crazy isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now