That I'm in bed alone....

(19 Posts)
Ironmanrocks Sat 29-Oct-16 22:57:52

So we are on a weekend away. We have a luxury apartment with a hot tub. It's lovely. We spend so little quality time together that I have been excited about this for weeks. Anyway, today we were out and about and he listened to the football. Now he's watching match of the day and I'm really annoyed, aibu?

user1471494124 Sat 29-Oct-16 23:00:15

No, I would be very pissed off!

Ironmanrocks Sat 29-Oct-16 23:04:05

Phew! I thought it must be me....we've had tons of fun today, first time in ages and I just feel a bit spurned. I am always over sensitive so thought I should check in with reality!! (Yeah that's you lot!)

saltededamummy Sat 29-Oct-16 23:06:30

Does he normally do that at home?
My DH would probably do the same tbh, I'd read in bed until he turned up. Relax & let him have his space; he's probably happy!

TheNaze73 Sat 29-Oct-16 23:13:36

YABVU. It's his break as well as yours

Ironmanrocks Sat 29-Oct-16 23:15:04

True, but he already listened to it once....

ilovesooty Sat 29-Oct-16 23:20:15

Listening to it isn't the same as watching it.
And you said you'd had tons of fun today. I think you're being a bit unreasonable, sorry.

TheoriginalLEM Sat 29-Oct-16 23:22:27

id be apoplectic with rage that he wasn't ravaging me --relieved i could read in peace-'

MyWineTime Sat 29-Oct-16 23:38:30

I think that's really crap. I would be pissed.
When you get a much needed weekend away in such a lovely venue, you make the most of it and spend some quality time together. Everything else can wait.
It's a weekend away TOGETHER - not time off at home.

SortAllTheThings Sat 29-Oct-16 23:39:33

Selfish twat

ToujeoQueen Sun 30-Oct-16 00:08:36

Yanbu, I'd be livid.

LouisvilleLlama Sun 30-Oct-16 00:13:31

YABU

Obviously depends on the people but Match of the day probably finishes around 11:30-12 and that's quite early for some people, especially if away or that. If you were going to be romantic, or do whatever in bed if you were just gonna sleep I see no issue.

alltoomuchrightnow Sun 30-Oct-16 00:14:56

I'd honestly be fine with it. We just had our first holiday in ages after a very stressful year and he watched tv without me most nights but only after we'd already been out (if it's something I don't want to watch, I wouldn't stop him watching..at home i hardly watch any and he watches loads), we didn't always go to bed together and so on. Fine as we were still together 24/7. I'm happy to go to bed and read.
If it was only a weekend perhaps a bit more effort should be made..but I'd still be ok about it. In nearly three years together we've had holidays but never ever had a weekend away.. we both work them and could never get the same time off. People do wonder why I don't kick off that we've never had a weekend away... I didn't see it as an issue but friends are obviously trying to give me a complex..

alltoomuchrightnow Sun 30-Oct-16 00:17:31

(oh and I paid for the entire hol and had just become jobless so perhaps I should have been a bit less lenient?!)
Things like that don't bother me but his constantly checking phone and laptop does.. although I don't say it. It's bad manners. I don't touch my phone or go online when away.
I would just play it down OP but drop a hint.. as in 'hey I'm still here you know!" but in a nice way.

Ironmanrocks Sun 30-Oct-16 07:39:39

Thanks people. I sometimes need putting in my place! Football irritates me but I suppose I irritate him too in plenty of ways. 😀

ForalltheSaints Sun 30-Oct-16 07:44:48

If he's a glory seeker, then hope he was bored with it!

supermoon100 Sun 30-Oct-16 07:49:39

If match of the day did not exist there would be alot more sex in our marriage! I hate the programme

ForalltheSaints Tue 01-Nov-16 06:58:39

It's on catch up now (Iplayer) so can be watched at other times of the day.

Ragwort Tue 01-Nov-16 07:05:05

Personally I would be fine with it (and encourage it) - but I am someone who really loves time and space on my own. i would find it totally oppressive if my DH wanted to be with me all the time - we have just got back from a week's holiday and all I want to do is be on my own grin.

But obviously that is my view and may not be your's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now