To think that sometimes DP is a thoughtless dick?

(4 Posts)
Loubylouchirino Sat 29-Oct-16 21:13:28

Tonight, I've sat for an hour+ sorting out spelling resources for not only my class, but also my step-son who has dyslexia and HATES spellings (Step-son is frequently in tears at his spellings when he does them with his mum, so while I've been doing resources for my class, I've also made him wordsearches, spelling pyramids and word shapes, with DP & his mum's ok). DP then said to me that my "responsibilities and stresses are tiny" WHILE I was working on a Saturday evening.

I was then looking forward to vegging out on the settee, and he said "Oh, Samantha at work said we MUST watch this film. She said it's hilarious. The film was Bad Moms. I asked him several times to watch it at the cinema, he said no. I'm aware that I'm probably just tired (more like fucking exhausted. Regularly work 60+ hours a week, even through half-term, with planning, admin & resource gathering, and I'm just a student teacher) & irrationally ratty, but it's annoyed regardless. Juts raised this with DP and he practically took the door off the hinges after storming out in stroppiness.

And now, while typing mid-rant, my mum rang up to say that although we checked with her prior to booking a weekend out of the country about her having the dog, she's had a better offer and is there any way I can find someone else to have her. FFS.

I'm going to bed.

EnFlique Sat 29-Oct-16 22:22:00

wine

FireflyGirl Sat 29-Oct-16 22:35:31

And then some more wine

DP is definitely a dick tonight. I'm sure he will be back to his usual non-dick self when you've had your wine and a sleep, but for now you have your veg on the couch and seethe in righteous indignation.

TheNaze73 Sat 29-Oct-16 23:15:44

I can see both sides here. Sure it'll be better after a sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now