Aibu to ask this about food and post pregnancy

(13 Posts)
londonrach Sat 29-Oct-16 19:31:56

Pre pregnancy...I hate mushroom ....really dont like them but i had dd 13 wks ago. Now i Cant get enough of mushroom since. Has this happened to others...

thegoodnameshadgone Sat 29-Oct-16 19:35:19

I was the same with sweet and sour sauce. Hated it. Craved it through pregnancy and now love it.

switswoo81 Sat 29-Oct-16 19:37:34

I'm the opposite couldn't stomach any pork during pregnancy and 20 months later still can't eat it.

RainbowCake Sat 29-Oct-16 19:43:42

Its an odd one.
I've hated egg yolks since very young, craved dippy eggs in pregnancy and can tolerate it now, but not too runny.

HouseAnxiety Sat 29-Oct-16 19:46:03

It took me a year to be able to stomach olives and garlic after pregnancy!

Blueberry234 Sat 29-Oct-16 19:47:56

Heinz tomato soup could not stand the stuff pre pregnancy now I love it!

Not as weird though as my very curly corkscrew curly hair going straight though

londonrach Sat 29-Oct-16 19:52:25

😀. Glad im not the only strange person. Seriously this mushroom hate now love is out of the blue!!!

londonrach Sat 29-Oct-16 19:53:55

Hate broccoli now through and eat loads pre pregnancy..

SparklyLeprechaun Sat 29-Oct-16 19:57:31

I hated sushi before pregnancy, I was craving it like mad during pregnancy and now I love it.

Conversely, I started hating the smell of artificial perfume when pregnant and now 8 years down the line it still makes me gag.

Dilligufdarling Sat 29-Oct-16 19:58:25

I've got a newly sweet tooth post pregnancy this time. I have read that this might be to do with breast feeding though.

I've currently got a stash cupboard full of moaoms, biscuits and peanut m and ms - totally unheard of for me!

MummyLikesWrapMusic Sat 29-Oct-16 20:05:18

I had an odd one - pre-pregnancy I hated marmite (like a normal person), couldn't eat enough of it during and still enjoy it now. Im not happy about it!

milkjetmum Sat 29-Oct-16 20:08:08

Hated peas pre-children, they tasted great during pregnancy and for a while afterwards! now back off them again (strongly dislike them, can't even force myself to eat them to set a food example foe the kids!)

londonrach Sat 29-Oct-16 20:10:01

Mummy..not tried marmite yet but loved it since childhood

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now