He was being goady and hasn't apologised

(7 Posts)
Maverickismywingman Sat 29-Oct-16 19:25:34

Well aware I sound like I've spat the dummy out the pram! But I'm still a bit miffed.

We had an argument. Which, admittedly, I started.

It was coming to an end and we'd reached a level of agreement. To which DP started making faces and stating things along the lines of "that'll teach you" "I'll do (what you've just done) tomorrow".

I start to tell him that it's sorted and he doesn't need to be a wind up merchant. "I'm trying to get you out your mood". I try to say that it's done and can he drop it.

He keeps going and it escalates to another argument. And, I kid you not, he tells me to go to the bedroom (like a child).
I leave our house altogether for an hour.

I haven't looked at him in the eye since. AIBU to expect an apology or acknowledgement that I had gone for a bit of time.

Thattimeofyearagain Sat 29-Oct-16 19:28:38

Yanbu, he sounds like a child hmm

Arfarfanarf Sat 29-Oct-16 19:30:12

Do you mean you are sulking?
He sounds like he was being a bit of a dick yes but he was also probably cross, you do say you started the argument.

It's probably best to have a discussion about the issue. Nothing will be solved while you hold out for an apology.

It does all seem a bit childish you must admit. I have visions of two kids dancing round pulling faces 😂

Say that you want to talk about it. Tell him how you feel. Listen to him too.

Maverickismywingman Sat 29-Oct-16 19:34:09

Thanks arf. You're quite right. I'm just annoyed that he seems to think he has the power to dismiss me after being deliberately a twat goady.

But nothing will be solved with me sulking. I'm just not really in the mood to be his pal. confused

pipsqueak25 Sat 29-Oct-16 19:34:42

two people need their heads banged together, be the bigger person and talk to him, but in an adult manner, and remind him he isn't your dad unless you have a weird relationship.

Maverickismywingman Sat 29-Oct-16 19:39:58

You're right and you made me laugh pip.

GratuitousSaxandViolins Sat 29-Oct-16 20:30:48

You both sound like hard work TBH, is it always like this in your house?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now