To think this Halloween party was a shambles

(4 Posts)
CeCeBloomer Sat 29-Oct-16 18:33:46

We took our dd to the Halloween party at our gym this afternoon which was for 0-10's. When we arrived they checked her age and advised we should stay with her as she is under 3 (we would have always stayed regardless) but they were telling parents whose children were over 3 that they shouldn't come in as there was limited room.
The party was split into 3 rooms by numbers rather than age groups etc and it was carnage, there was only 1 adult per room (parents of younger children aside) to about 20 kids. I could see young children going up to the lady who was running the room telling her that they needed the toilet and there was no one to take them, the poor kids were clutching themselves looking desperate. There were also kids fighting and she wasn't intervening and kids crying for their mums etc.
AiBU to think this was totally unacceptable - the party was £8 per head as well do not cheap, felt like they were trying to cram as many children in as possible very irresponsibly

JosephineMaynard Sat 29-Oct-16 18:41:54

I wouldn't be happy about that. My DC are 3 and 5 and still need help / supervision toileting, so I'd not be keen on leaving them with an adult they weren't familiar with.

I'd also be wondering if their adult : child ratios were legal.

Was the leaving children over 3 policy publicised in advance?

CeCeBloomer Sat 29-Oct-16 18:43:20

I'm not sure if it was as it's not something I would have looked at, however, im thinking it can't have been legal ratios etc

MarchEliza2 Sat 29-Oct-16 18:54:59

That sounds like madness. Surely the gym is in breach of legal requirements in terms of supervised children??

I'd probably actually complain about that and I'm not normally one to do so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now