Am I allowed to be stressed!

(13 Posts)
passmyglassplease Sat 29-Oct-16 07:28:26

1. Today is my Daughter's 18th birthday, yay, so I have organised a party and made a lovely cake.

2. We are moving house next Friday, and I have done little or no packing!

3. I am a foster carer and have two fostered children who require much more involvement and support than the average teenager during holidays.

My dp is self employed and can choose his jobs, I specifically asked him to be around in the half term week as I have many things that need doing (see above list), he agreed but then a 2 day job came up that he agreed to do, these 2 days has now turned into 4 days and has necessitated in him staying away from our home.

Am I allowed to be a little stressed?

dp has asked 'why are you stressed' after I had expressed my frustration at him not being around.

Am I being completely unreasonable?

1AngelicFruitCake Sat 29-Oct-16 07:32:49

I would be stressed with all that. Amazing that you are a foster carer - I'm in awe of anyone who does that. Enjoy your daughters birthday smile

Balanced12 Sat 29-Oct-16 07:35:24

YANBU it wouldn't matter if you had nothing going on stress is totally personal and you can never be unreasonable for your feelings.

Could DH afford to (reputation and financial) to say no to work ?

Hope all goes well, I find house moves and birthdays stressful on there own and think those who foster are amazing

EnoughAlready43 Sat 29-Oct-16 07:36:28

Is he pitching in and giving you a hand?
doesn't sound like it.
if not - tell him to stop being a cunt and help out.

passmyglassplease Sat 29-Oct-16 07:43:11

To be fair when he is around he is happy to pitch in.

Yes balanced, he could afford to say no to work.

dp also told me last night that he would be home very late, into the early hours of the morning. I woke at 3am, no sign of dp, no txt, no phone call, so I have been awake since then worrying about him before calling him at 6am to check he was ok, he was fine but still had more work to finish so we are now going into day 5 of a 2 day job!

His question 'what time does the party start' has not helped my mood either!

abbsismyhero Sat 29-Oct-16 07:45:21

Ask him what time you should expect the packers

passmyglassplease Sat 29-Oct-16 07:47:42

I am currently taking my frustration our on the biscuit crumb base for the banoffee pie I am making for this evening. smile

elodie2000 Sat 29-Oct-16 07:54:55

Book emergency packers at removal company.
Sit back & relax.

passmyglassplease Sat 29-Oct-16 07:58:34

Yes I do like the packers idea. smile

KathArtic Sat 29-Oct-16 08:19:54

There are periods of stress in occasions in everyones lives. Its seems to be very popular on MN. Its called life.

Unfortunately you have a lot going on. He's not being a cunt as upthread. Hes doing his job and its bigger than he thought.

Get packers, friends, children, foster children etc to help pack. It will sort it self.

AChickenCalledKorma Sat 29-Oct-16 08:23:11

Sounds to me like those unexpected five days of work should cover the cost of professional packers.

Penfold007 Sat 29-Oct-16 09:23:33

So he's deliberately made himself unavailable for half term parenting, birthday prep and packing. You've every right to feel stressed. Professional packing and removal is definitely the way to go

passmyglassplease Sat 29-Oct-16 09:29:28

Well wonders will never cease, he has arrived back home, about half an hour ago.

I wonder if he picked up the strain in my voice!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now