WARNING THIS AIBU CONTAINS SPOILERS: Once Upon a Time most recent episode (SERIOUSLY IF YOU OPRN THIS AND THEN COMPLAIN YOU'VE NOT WATCHED IT YET I'LL NOT BE BLAMED!)

(19 Posts)
HoneyDragon Fri 28-Oct-16 23:20:14

So

Aladdin. Who decided on the Brum accent? grin

Ezzie29 Fri 28-Oct-16 23:23:31

Omg it was awful! Should have just let him keep his accent, I think he's Australian - it's not like we don't already have one of those on the show! He's fit though so i forgive him. Nice to see Oded Fehr too, been in love with him since Charmed.

lasttimeround Fri 28-Oct-16 23:24:04

Ha ha I thought the same.

HoneyDragon Fri 28-Oct-16 23:28:00

Didn't think it was just me grin

Especially as his own accent would've done. I'd loved to have been on the brainstorming for that one.

We need more interesting accents, Carl what've you got?

Er, Greek, Northern France, Brum?

Brum, sounds great Carl. Stick it on our next character....

Cherrysoup Fri 28-Oct-16 23:35:17

Horrifying. I spent most of the episode trying to figure out the accent as it veered wildly round the UK.

Did anyone watch the latest American Horror Story bilge? Similar issue with The Butcher's accent, careering madly between York, Dublin, God knows where else. Completely bizarre.

HoneyDragon Fri 28-Oct-16 23:38:49

I watched Rocky Horror tonight, Laurene Laverns accent was all over too.

Not a good night for TVs vocal
Coaches confused

WorraLiberty Fri 28-Oct-16 23:58:32

You cow!!

You could have warned me.

You've spoiled it all now.

Why didn't you put a spoiler alert in the thread title?

I mean, granted I've never heard of this TV show but one day I might have wanted to watch it angry

8misskitty8 Sat 29-Oct-16 00:10:57

The accent was awful. Really didn't fit with the Aladdin character at all.
I mean imagine him singing 'a whole new world' in that accent ! Lol

Thought it was rushed. Goes from being a thief to saving jasmine and then accepting being the saviour and goes off to save others all within a few days ?
Liked Jafar though.

HoneyDragon Sat 29-Oct-16 00:15:09

<smooshes Worra to a greasy mark on the floor>

WorraLiberty Sat 29-Oct-16 00:21:13

Who's Mark?

Why is he greasy?

And more to the point, why is he laying on your floor? shock

TaraCarter Sat 29-Oct-16 01:01:02

We spent most of the episode taking the piss out of his accent, interspersed with me saying defensively, "well, do you know the authentic accent of the underclass of Agrabah? Well do yer? Do YER? It's worldbuilding"

laylabelle Sat 29-Oct-16 18:30:18

Watching it now..Doesn't seem sure what accent to do!! Changes as it goes on lol

HoneyDragon Sun 30-Oct-16 00:07:55

If he's going to feature more, I may need subtitles so I can turn off the volume, or take a leaf out of Taras book and accept that the underclass accent of Agrabah could be anything.

DaviesMum Sun 30-Oct-16 00:31:09

I was too busy watching his chest to pay attention to what came out of his mouth.

Oh, and I bet Killian can do all sorts of things with that hook...grin

Hadjab Sun 30-Oct-16 01:42:38

The whole family was sat there wondering where the hell was supposed to be from - we settled on Sydney via Rochdale and Wolverhampton.

notgivingin789 Sun 30-Oct-16 01:08:03

WHEN WAS THE NEW EPISODES OF ONCE UPON A TIME BACK ON ?!!

(Sorry for the caps, I got excited).

What channel and time does it air?

JazzAnnNonMouse Sun 30-Oct-16 06:34:26

It's on Netflix
T
I think they've had a major budget cut the cgi is suddenly really bad where I hadn't noticed it being so bad before.

Groovee Sun 30-Oct-16 06:38:09

I couldn't figure out Aladdin's accent either! It seemed to change a few times too!

HerSpookyFattyness Sun 30-Oct-16 06:42:53

The accent was awful grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now