to want to hear your toddler tantrum tales

(22 Posts)
bluechameleon Fri 28-Oct-16 23:05:42

I've had a tricky day with 2yo DS, made particularly disappointing by being the last day of half term, so I'd like cheering up with your tales of why your toddlers have had tantrums today. I'll start:
- because I wouldn't shut the oven door (I was grilling cheese on toast)
- because I wouldn't abandon his scooter in the middle of the park
- because I poured glitter on his picture in exactly the place he asked me to
- because I wouldn't let him run into the road
What "fun" have you had today?

TeaBelle Fri 28-Oct-16 23:09:29

Not today, but dd went ape shit once because I wouldn't let her hug the neighbour's blue wheelie bin. 'But boo (blue) mummy, boo'. She loves anything blue. Bin day is difficult in the belle house

newmumwithquestions Fri 28-Oct-16 23:12:37

Not today, last Friday. OH came in from work and being Friday he decided he wanted a glass of wine.
DD decided she wanted one too. She went batshit crazy when we said she couldnt have one. She's still asking for it.

fruitpastille Fri 28-Oct-16 23:15:07

My two year old had an epic tantrum because the public toilet in town was white and she wanted a blue one. Bless the attendant who opened the disabled cubicle... lo and behold - blue toilet! She has possibly been there before with child minder or grandma.

Google reasons why my kid is crying 😂

abbsismyhero Fri 28-Oct-16 23:17:08

I want breakfast (makes breakfast) nooooo I don't like it okay your brother can eat it what do you want noooooo its mine he cant eat it are you going to eat it? No! I don't like it!

I need a wee go then NO! Okay then don't but I WANT TOO well I don't want you too (he went) confused

bluechameleon Fri 28-Oct-16 23:21:43

I've remembered another one (it really was a great day!)
- because I wouldn't give him the bit of toast I had just swallowed

LuluJakey1 Fri 28-Oct-16 23:22:03

Wanted toast for breakfast, given toast for breakfast - nooooooo mummy.
Wanted to drink water from the cats' water bowl like a cat. Not allowed. Meltdown.
Wanted to climb across the rocks to see the seals at the lighthouse. Not allowed. Wailing.
Wanted to go to pub with DH tonight. Not allowed. Sobbing.
(22 months)

Stoneagemum Fri 28-Oct-16 23:30:06

Want a wee mummmiiieee you won't let meeeeeeeee, whilst sat on toilet after doing said wee, went in for an hour afterwards.

Dd was in reception I had asked if she needed said wee before the 10min walk home, 'no mummy' half way home needed to do I say wait til we get home que above

LeMesmer Fri 28-Oct-16 23:31:29

When DS was 4 or 5 he had the worst tantrum ever because he couldn't have a sea cucumber as a pet. He'd seen one in an aquarium and thought they were the cutest things ever confused . Screaming and shouting in Monaco! The tantrum days, will pass more or less, ( although at 11 years old I think he would still rather like the sea cucumber)

WutheringFrights Fri 28-Oct-16 23:33:22

Last week DD(5) had an epic tantrum because I turned off her bedroom light at bedtime and she couldn't see who was calling her on her invisible mobile phone...

YoHoHoandabottleofTequila Fri 28-Oct-16 23:38:52

I remember DS giving me a piece of his food, I took it and ate it. He then had a temper tantrum because he wanted it back.

bumblefeline Fri 28-Oct-16 23:43:33

DD1 was a nightmare for tantrums. She always had to go in the front door first. If someone else went in before her we all had to come out and let her in first.

She once asked for pepper on her dinner, well you can guess what happened next.

I had to carry around a fold up toilet seat for years as she did not like the seat in public loos.

A biscuit had to be completely whole with no bit missing or anything.

She is a relatively normal 14 year old now.

belleandsnowwhite Fri 28-Oct-16 23:48:28

My toddler had a melt down because I wouldn't let him eat his steroid cream.

My 18mo DD ended up lying on the grass on the park, screaming, on Wednesday because i wouldn't let her way a worm.

eat a worm...

FiveHoursSleep Fri 28-Oct-16 23:53:51

My 2 year old once had a tantrum on a flight from Heathrow to Singapore because I flushed the plane toilet. I was travelling alone with both my DDs ( my youngest was around 9 months) but luckily we were in business class so one of the cabin crew was able to help.
Unfortunately my younger DD got upset, so I had to go to her and in the meantime DD1 stripped naked ( SOP for her when she got upset) and ran into First Class.
She was eventually caught and returned to me by a very unamused stewardess.

Notfastjustfurious Fri 28-Oct-16 23:56:10

Dd (2yrs) went to the loo, I wiped her bum and put the used toilet paper down the toilet. And that's where I went wrong, apparently she wanted to keep that and went absolutely batshit when she couldn't get it back. The step was launched across the room, towel hauled off the rail. Lasted a good half hour.

crazywriter Sat 29-Oct-16 03:47:40

Yesterday DD1 threw a tantrum because the post office took her letter to post...she was the one to excitedly hand the letter over but expected it back for some reason and not the first time she's been to the post office with us.

Today she got upset because we didn't order her pizza. The wafter hadn't come to take our order yet! When the pizza did turn up she cried because it wasn't pasta.

Got home and DD2 cried because big sis went into their room and shut the door. She didn't figure out that she could just push the door open to join her. Sat by the door waiting for someone else to do it. She is 10mon so we let her off a little but she didn't even try...

Nectarines Sat 29-Oct-16 08:14:53

I cut the sausage wrong.

Socks were NOT ON PLOPALY.

I wouldn't let her colour in her brother.

She didn't want it to be night time.

She doesn't have whiskers and she neeeeeeds them.

The list goes on!

YoHoHoandabottleofTequila Sat 29-Oct-16 09:09:27

His banana broke. I couldn't fix it.

Ordered macaroni cheese which he'd asked for. It arrived, he didn't want it. After what seemed like hours, it turned out the plate was wrong.

abbsismyhero Sat 29-Oct-16 09:22:30

asked for and received porridge launched porridge across kitchen because he didn't want it screamed for porridge again so i cleaned up the mess remade porridge lo and behold he threw it again i caught it and refused to hand it back unless he stopped throwing it apparently he was moving out and i couldn't stop him because he WANTS HIS PORRIDGE!

Toofondofcake Sat 29-Oct-16 09:25:02

This morning. My toddler wanted a cereal bar, went to the cupboard, asked me and I said yes, she picked it out herself and then when I opened it so she could eat it went ape shit and screamed and threw it across the room.

Two days ago it was because I had started to walk up the stairs behind her with baby in my arms. She went nuts and tried to push me down the stairs and started thrashing around so had to carry her up remaining stairs one handed to avoid her throwing us all down half a flight of stairs. Fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now