AIBU to buy

(8 Posts)
Peanutandphoenix Thu 27-Oct-16 08:34:47

Would I bu to buy myself a jewellery advent calendar for Christmas I've just had an email off wowcher about this advent calendar and it's only £25 it should've been £194 so would it be wrong of me to buy it I have the money for it so should I just go ahead and get it or leave it.

usual Thu 27-Oct-16 08:36:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 27-Oct-16 08:44:39

Buy it but be prepared for it to be full of rubbishy crap that's barely worth £25 let alone £194. If it was worth £194, they'd sell it at £194.

I'd quite like a gin advent calendar, but I can't bring myself to pay over £100 for what amounts to one bottle of gin packaged into 24 tiny little bottles of gin. I might pay £40-50 to take into account the fun factor and that some of the gins are posh ones where a full bottle is £30+.

Peanutandphoenix Thu 27-Oct-16 10:00:23

Thanks for your replies ladies barbra that's exactly what am worrying about it being full of Christmas cracker tat that they can't flog and not the half decent stuff they are saying is in it but I'lol be really pissed off if it's all crap because then I'll feel ripped off. But I wanted to treat myself to a decent advent calendar this year instead of a big standard choclate one.

UsernameHistory Thu 27-Oct-16 10:04:31

£25 for the jewelry which they of course won't sell at a loss and is therefore going to be tat.

But I wanted to treat myself to a decent advent calendar this year instead of a bog standard chocolate one

Buy 24 bars of chocolate and look at a random image of something Christmassy on Google whilst you eat it.

You're welcome.

dingdongdigeridoo Thu 27-Oct-16 10:07:51

I've seen quite a few jewellery advent calendars and they always look a bit tatty. It's the sort of jewellery that costs under a quid on Amazon anyway. The charm bracelet ones are kinda fun.

But if you like it, then go for it! I'm just bitter because I forked out for one of those jewellery candles and got a flimsy necklace in it!

Peanutandphoenix Thu 27-Oct-16 15:49:51

Dingdangdigeridoo I've been wanting one of those jewellery candles for ages but you run the risk of getting a piece of jewellery that costs less than the candle am sorry you something better in your candle flowers

Peanutandphoenix Thu 27-Oct-16 15:52:07

Usernamehistory lol that's what am going to do now 24 bars of white chocolate and Christmas picture. Am sure I could make my own advent calendar though and put whatever jewellery I want in it that could be a fun project to do with my niece.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now