to ask who has their exes on their Facebook?

(49 Posts)
FionaGatwick Wed 26-Oct-16 21:20:15

If you did and deleted them, why did you?

If you do, why do you keep them?

Lilaclily Wed 26-Oct-16 21:22:16

I have only ever, we have been friends a lot longer than our 'relationship'
I also have another who was a bit of a thing at college but not really an ex

unlimiteddilutingjuice Wed 26-Oct-16 21:22:44

I have my ex on Facebook. He is a lovely man who was an important figure in my life for years. We exchange links about whales and star wars.

Lilaclily Wed 26-Oct-16 21:22:55

Sorry first sentence should say I have one

PopFizz Wed 26-Oct-16 21:26:15

I have exH. To see each other photos of the kids mainly. We rarely interact on there. Have his girlfriend too. I mainly ignore them, or purposely reply, depending on how much she they have annoyed me....!

I have an ex boyfriend from years and years and years ago on there. But we were mates for a long time after, when we used to meet for a drink after work, play Scrabble (don't laugh) etc

Think thats it? DP has his ex on his account, but I've blocked her as she is scarily psycho a little unhinged. And he doesn't interact with her at all now. (Am hoping he will delete soon....)

AmberEars Wed 26-Oct-16 21:27:32

I have three exes, and I'm friends with two of them on FB. Both of them pre date FB (I've been with DH for a long time) so there was no question of deleting them - they were already exes when we became FB friends.

donajimena Wed 26-Oct-16 21:28:36

Only one. A genuinely lovely man who I remain fond of. We were very very different and our break up was mutual and sad but right. I genuinely love seeing what he's up to and pictures of his family.

CostaBrava Wed 26-Oct-16 21:28:43

3/4. Those 3 I like as friends. The other was a stalky weirdo and never want to see him again.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 26-Oct-16 21:28:47

I have.

I mean git no reason to delete them. Not so much exes as in ex ONS or ex FWB who I'd still speak to when I see/saw.

Any actual ex boyfriends..no. but that's cos I have nothing to say to those grin

Gillian1980 Wed 26-Oct-16 21:30:01

I've got one - my first love from when I was 18-20. I'm 36 now and last saw him in person 11 years ago.

We didn't end on bad terms, I still care about him and his family (I have his parents, siblings and niece on FB too) and I like seeing what's going on in their lives.

DH has several of his exes on FB. Most he's on good terms with, 1 he isn't but I think he's just nosy!

dangermouseisace Wed 26-Oct-16 21:30:51

I have one ex on Facebook- we met up fairly regularly as friends for years after our relationship finished (decades ago!) then he found me on Facebook after a couple of years when he'd moved away. I still keep him as I genuinely enjoy seeing that he's doing well in life and is happy- he is a lovely chap any romantic notions are looooong gone (we were very young).

I deleted and blocked my ex husband as I don't want him nosey-ing about in my life when I don't have the foggiest what goes on in his (he's a pathological liar). I also deleted all his friends/family and made sure I blocked his family after they blanked me when he ran off with his girlfriend.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 26-Oct-16 21:31:54

All my exes, plus DH, hate Facebook. I certainly have a 'type'. So I never get to nose around.

QuiltedAloeVera Wed 26-Oct-16 21:32:40

God, no.

Sweets101 Wed 26-Oct-16 21:33:05

Quite a few yes. Not the most recent (DC's father) he wanted to but I didn't. I find it intrusive, we're not friends (maybe we will be one day) and I want to be able to post what I like without him taking umbridge or smirking. And equally i don't want to see his posts as they can give me rage.
Nothing good would come of it and I don't think either of us are interested in each others lives/musings/interests.
We can share information regarding DC in other ways.
But my other ex's yes absolutely! It's a nice way of keeping in touch. Bar one, we message but not FB friends.

QuiltedAloeVera Wed 26-Oct-16 21:34:58

Ah, no, I do have one, but he's an ex from 12 years ago and completely harmless.

We split because he moved for his career, which is just as well because I think it would have been more acrimonious had we been in the same country longer.

ICancelledTheCheque Wed 26-Oct-16 21:36:08

I have two exes. DDs Dad and a guy I dated when I was 15 grin

Can't see the need to remove either of them tbh.

harderandharder2breathe Wed 26-Oct-16 21:36:48

Yes one recent and one years ago, split amicably and still like them as people,

Fortitudine Wed 26-Oct-16 21:43:07

I have a couple of mine on there. Don't really interact other than the odd comment and birthday greeting. I had to block one ex who added me as he would literally comment on everything, and then I got grief for that from his girlfriend. It escalated when he sent me dick pics and started cyber stalking me - I ended up having to involve the police.

OublietteBravo Wed 26-Oct-16 21:43:43

Yes - I have 2 as FB friends (although they are from pre-FB times IYSWIM). One from sixth form and one from uni days. They are both married with kids nowadays. Coincidentally the both live abroad - one in Canada and one in Australia.

Usernameinvalid16 Wed 26-Oct-16 21:45:21

My ex blocked me and isn't interested in our dd, we walked past him last month and he clearly seen us (he stopped and stared at us) but he walked away (my heart broke for dd) but he's happy with his new family and i'm glad he never spoke to us.

Enkopkaffetak Wed 26-Oct-16 21:47:13

I have 1 x on facebook. However we split up 25 years ago and remained friends just wasnt a good match.. He is now married with 2 boys to the girl he started dating about half a year after he and I split up. They live in NZ and seem happy enough. I am married to the man I started dating about a year after we split up.

Enkopkaffetak Wed 26-Oct-16 21:47:28

Forgot to say we never blocked each other.

GerdaLovesLili Wed 26-Oct-16 21:50:47

I have my ex on FB because he's one of my best friends. He might have been a bit of a mistake as a partner, but he's the closest thing to a brother that I have.

Budgiebonbon Wed 26-Oct-16 21:51:00

No, however, I am friends with the wife of my ex boyfriend when I was 19/20 & his sister.

It's all part of a larger friendship group though & my DP knows my Ex etc.

AidingAndAbetting Wed 26-Oct-16 21:55:13

I have most of my exes as FB friends because we're still friends IRL. The one or two where things ended acrimoniously I obviously don't have but if you're still on good terms and see each other sometimes, why not? If I deleted everyone on my FB who I'd dated/had a ONS/snogged randomly then I'd have a lot less FB friends!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now