AIBU to think that whoever is advising Scarlett Moffatt is a deeply irresponsible individual?

(63 Posts)
bibbitybobbityyhat Tue 25-Oct-16 21:25:32

Or number of individuals?

For anyone who doesn't know, SM is a member of one of the families who appear on the C4 tv series Gogglebox. She comes across as a nice enough young woman (I think she is mid 20s), quite witty and funny but not always terribly well informed.

Anyway, she seems to have morphed into a media wannabe. Probably inevitable if you appear on tv fairly often ... you start to think you are actually interesting. Steph & Dom and the awful vicar being other examples.

However, Scarlett put on some weight and got online abuse for it. So she's been on a diet and apparently lost 4 stone in 4 months. Yes, 4 MONTHS. And now someone's doing a diet/weightloss dvd starring Scarlett.

That rate of weight loss is never going to be a good thing! It sends out all the wrong messages sad. I think whoever has wiggled their way into creating a career for Scarlett is a bit of a cunt.

Or aibu?

IminaPickle Tue 25-Oct-16 21:27:04

She's not stupid or vulnerable. She might not have made the best decisions but they're hardly catastrophic. Fair play to her I say.

seasidesally Tue 25-Oct-16 21:28:47

i want to know how she lost so much in the time

bibbitybobbityyhat Tue 25-Oct-16 21:29:16

Losing 4 stone in 4 months is not stupid?

TooPlain Tue 25-Oct-16 21:30:18

It's standard marketing for these DVDs. I wouldn't be surprised if the results have been exaggerated. Fat pics all over the Daily Mail followed by a transformation just in time for the Christmas market.

FeckinCrutches Tue 25-Oct-16 21:32:51

Are you sure it wasn't a year? I'm sure I saw a picture of her saying 'A year ago today' type thing

Cheby Tue 25-Oct-16 21:34:08

4st in 4 months isn't too bad. It's just over 3lbs a week.

Celticlassie Tue 25-Oct-16 21:36:20

It's a bit silly but I suppose she recognises that as a 'personality' she has a short shelf life and wants to make the most of it, in terms of getting a bit of cash and having a bit of fun in the process. It's hard to judge her for that.

FeckinCrutches Tue 25-Oct-16 21:38:13

Just been looking online, at various sources. she's lost 2 stone in the last 14 weeks. Which isn't that stupid.

HarryPottersMagicWand Tue 25-Oct-16 21:38:44

I've read her book. I find it hard to believe she would do anything she didn't want to do. She comes across as someone who knows her own mind.

Saying that, I think she's lost a bit too much weight but if she is happy with it, then good for her.

NerrSnerr Tue 25-Oct-16 21:38:45

Doesn't she now cohost a radio show up in the North East? I really like her, she's cleverer than portrayed at times. Good on her for doing what she wants to do.

ImperialBlether Tue 25-Oct-16 21:39:39

She hasn't lost it in 4 months! That's a complete exaggeration. She saw herself on the TV week after week and knew she needed to lose some weight. She's been talking about it for several months, not just 4.

FeckinCrutches Tue 25-Oct-16 21:42:40

Yep, it was definitely a year, not 4 months.

OhFuds Tue 25-Oct-16 21:45:08

What a difference tho!

DeleteOrDecay Tue 25-Oct-16 21:45:19

She has not lost 4 stone in 4 months. It's just that her weight loss has been a talking point in the media over the past 4 months.

She seems like a bright woman who has her head screwed on. As long as she is happy and healthy then who is anyone else to judge? I personally think she looks great and as someone who is also trying to lose weight and get healthy I really admire her determination.

You seem quite critical of a few other people on Gogglebox. Maybe just don't watch if you find them so irritating?

OhFuds Tue 25-Oct-16 21:45:48

Oops x-post, mine took ages to load blush

MrsFionaCharming Tue 25-Oct-16 21:47:34

Is that picture on the left real? Her arms and legs are still very slim, I think it's been photoshopped to make the weight loss seem more dramatic.

sparechange Tue 25-Oct-16 21:48:39

It hasn't been 4 months and I doubt it's 4 stone. She hasn't confirmed her before and now weight. It is just a journalist exaggerating for click bait taking a guess

And at least she has done it by exercise rather than some dodgy diet pill like the TOWIE lot will promote for money

DeleteOrDecay Tue 25-Oct-16 21:50:52

I don't remember her carrying her weight like that but then again I only ever saw her on GB and she wore a completely different style of clothing on the show so it's difficult to tell. Either way she looks great.

bibbitybobbityyhat Tue 25-Oct-16 21:53:42

Feckingcrutches

So you know for a fact that she started her diet the day that first picture was taken?

What you are looking at is a picture of her taken on her birthday one year ago and this year.

It says nothing about how quickly she lost the weight! Do you understand?

OhFuds Tue 25-Oct-16 21:54:37

She posted this in August.

2kids2dogsnosense Tue 25-Oct-16 22:12:24

She looked more attractive when she was voluptuous.

FeckinCrutches Tue 25-Oct-16 22:14:08

OP and how do you know for a 'fact' she's lost four stone in four months?

bibbitybobbityyhat Tue 25-Oct-16 22:19:27

I don't know for a fact she's lost 4 stone in 4 months, I've just seen it in several places online. If that's incorrect then hopefully she would correct the "facts" herself on Twitter or elsewhere. But perhaps her publicist just likes the headline grabbers too much?

Just read a bunch of quotes from her Twitter account about her boyfriend. I honestly don't think you can say she is smart.

bibbitybobbityyhat Tue 25-Oct-16 22:21:24

And you didn't answer my question to you FeckingCrutches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now