To wonder whether I need pram sheets?

(24 Posts)
Aliveinwanderland Mon 24-Oct-16 21:43:39

Only today I discovered pram sheets exist. I am 40 weeks now and these are one thing I didn't know I needed!

Surely I can just use one of the crib fitted sheets I've already got to go over the pram mattress and I don't need to spend £12 on one sheet from my pushchair manufacturer?!

JustGettingStarted Mon 24-Oct-16 21:44:51

Of course not. You can even use a large towel.

TheDuckSaysMoo Mon 24-Oct-16 21:45:44

Crib sheets were perfect for me.

Justmuddlingalong Mon 24-Oct-16 21:45:45

I used pillow cases.

RatOnnaStick Mon 24-Oct-16 21:46:56

You can use any sheet you like that fits. A flat sheet is just as good, or a pillowcase if the mattress size is near enough.

Lay another sheet or folded muslin across the mattress where baby's head lies and when they sick up (and they will) you can just whip it out and replace with fresh.

noeffingidea Mon 24-Oct-16 21:49:12

That's what I used.
Do you have a carrycot type pram with a seperate foam mattress? If so you should find a fitted crib/moses basket sheet should be the right size.
If you have one if those big buggies that tilts back into a pram then a buggy liner is better (you can't really fit a sheet on because of the straps).

BouleBaker Mon 24-Oct-16 21:49:42

I didn't know they existed until my youngest was 2. Muslin was fine for us!

DrWhy Mon 24-Oct-16 21:51:57

I wondered what I was supposed to put in the bottom of my pram... 5 week old DS has survived with a muslin under him so far!

katand2kits Mon 24-Oct-16 21:52:37

Crib sheets are usually too big. Moses basket sheets are perfect and they are super cheap in tesco/asda. I used a giant muslin.

PerfectlyPosed Mon 24-Oct-16 21:55:00

I used Moses basket sheets or a large muslin

ditzychick34 Mon 24-Oct-16 21:55:30

I used a muslin to line the pram/carrycot and a folded muslin underneath her head for the unchuck and possit

toomuchtooold Mon 24-Oct-16 21:55:45

The pram mattresses are usually quite thin so the elasticated pram sheets make them buckle anyway. I wish I'd thought of using pillowcases!

Wolfiefan Mon 24-Oct-16 21:56:07

Muslim folded up under head instead of sheet. Mine was a winter baby so lots of layers between pram and potential poo explosion anyway! grin

Wolfiefan Mon 24-Oct-16 21:56:35

Oh crap. Fecking auto correct. MUSLIN. sooooo sorry. blush

PinkSwimGoggles Mon 24-Oct-16 21:57:23

we just used towels.
easy to wash and cheap.

Whitelisbon Mon 24-Oct-16 21:59:00

Pillowcases are perfect. Dd currently has a spiderman one on.

mumofhandsomeboys Mon 24-Oct-16 21:59:27

We put muslins under DS head to catch any sick. Clothes caught exploding poop! Never knew pram sheets existed and not sure I'd have wasted money on them if we did.

Netflixandchill Mon 24-Oct-16 22:02:56

Crib sheets, pillow cases and giant Muslins all work fine, I sometimes used these big scarves from H&M with bright patterns on too which looked great

UterusUterusGhali Mon 24-Oct-16 22:32:46

Pillow cases and muslins do the job. Or cut up old sheets. smile

Noodledoodledoo Mon 24-Oct-16 23:04:42

A friend gave me some but our moses baskets sheets wouldn't have worked as our carrycot mattress is long and thin - it made it fold in two!

Aliveinwanderland Mon 24-Oct-16 23:10:22

Thanks everyone! That's saved me some cash!

It's a carry cot style pram and seems quite big so think a Moses basket/crib sheet will do the trick. Got plenty of muslins too though so will use them as well!

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 24-Oct-16 23:12:07

Muslin definitely. If you're anything like me you'd have stocked up on loads thinking baby was going to be sick all the time when in reality he was hardly ever sick but at least I was prepared

Kel1234 Mon 24-Oct-16 23:15:21

We got a pack of pram sheets, but they were the exact same size as our flat sheets for the crib.

PinkyOfPie Mon 24-Oct-16 23:30:10

I was supposed to put sheets in the pram confused DD is 3 and another on the way. Oops. TBF I don't recall thinking that a sheetless pram was a problem. Is it for warmth, or spillages/leaks or both?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now