To LTB because he brought me Dairy Milk? (light-hearted)

(34 Posts)
BowieFan Sun 23-Oct-16 19:18:18

DP did the shopping today (big mistake) and I asked him to pick me up a bar of nice chocolate. He knows I really hate Cadburys chocolate so what does he bring me? Fucking Dairy Milk.

I can't even look at him. grin

ThePinkOcelot Sun 23-Oct-16 19:23:04

Dairy milk is my favourite. If my DH brought me Galaxy, I would lab!

ThePinkOcelot Sun 23-Oct-16 19:23:32

Ltb obviously

AmeliaJack Sun 23-Oct-16 19:23:46

It's your own fault. You should have been specific.

IfartInYourGeneralDirection Sun 23-Oct-16 19:24:09

Do you watch game of thrones?
The bit when khal drogo pours the gold on Viserys Targaryen? I'd do the with the dairy milk....

Longdistance Sun 23-Oct-16 19:24:42

Fruit and nut is my little guilty pleasure blush

SpeckledyBanana Sun 23-Oct-16 19:24:54

LTB. Or ask him to pop to Aldi for some Choceur instead.

NavyandWhite Sun 23-Oct-16 19:26:19

He knows you hate it but he still bought it?

WHY?

Did you eat it? grin

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sun 23-Oct-16 19:26:40

I always ask my DP to bring me back a surprise. I prefer savoury things to sweet. He usually brings me chocolate... I like chocolate but would rather crisps.

WutheringFrights Sun 23-Oct-16 19:28:00

Definitely LTB!
DH went shopping a few nights ago and asked me what chocolate I wanted, I replied 'I don't know something like a mint aero or crunchie or summat'
He bought both...and diet coke...he is a wise wise man

mummyofmoomoos Sun 23-Oct-16 19:47:06

My dp bought me malteasers today instead of dairy milk buttons... I nearly cried!

PinkiePiesCupcakes Sun 23-Oct-16 19:49:23

At least he got you something. If my gf went to the shops I can guarantee I'd get a big bag of fucking jack shit.

sad

chocolatemademefat Sun 23-Oct-16 19:51:01

Point him in the direction of Lindt white chocolate - with the cream inside. If he bypasses it for Dairy Milk LTB.

Slackalice42 Sun 23-Oct-16 19:59:30

DH was away and came back last night I bought him some of those M&S fizzy pig tails (that he inexplicably adores) anyway he was really late back and I had fallen asleep but left the sweets on his side of the bed. Getting into bed he exploded the bag, woke me up and filled the bed with sherbet. That is why I won't be buying him sweeties again PinkyPies!!!

LivinOnAChair Sun 23-Oct-16 19:59:59

Absolute madness, plain Dairy Milk Cadburys is food of the gods! Absolute King of choccy treats, although I'm pretty partial to a malteaser or the odd ripple. Definitely don't LTB, he's got wonderful taste IMO

BowieFan Sun 23-Oct-16 20:09:37

DP has just said the potentially fatal words, "All chocolate's the same, isn't it?"

I've sent DS1 to get me some Galaxy from the paper shop. The only Cadburys chocolate I like is Bourneville and that's only if I can't get Lindt or Aldi's 70% cocoa one.

NicknameUsed Sun 23-Oct-16 20:19:39

Cadburys make shite chocolate.

I would be disappointed too.

wherearemymarbles Sun 23-Oct-16 20:20:58

Blimey, in the good old days that would warrant being hung, drawn and quartered!

I think they should bring that back so that all the MN'ers could come and cheer as errant partners get their just rewards.

Though bourville? Really? Maybe it should be a double hanging.... smile

BowieFan Sun 23-Oct-16 20:37:45

To be fair, Bourneville means it's literally Defcon 5 and there's no other chocolate in a 20 mile radius. This has only happened once when we were snowed in and even then I considered making DP walk for some.

DS1 is back now. Slightly wet but with Galaxy in hand, so all is well. DP has been sent to his shed to repent for his sins.

dontpokethebear Sun 23-Oct-16 20:40:09

You hate dairy milk? YABU

BowieFan Sun 23-Oct-16 20:54:00

I used to quite like it, but ever since the Americans took over it's gone crap.

Sparklesilverglitter Sun 23-Oct-16 20:56:13

LTB

Send him out for Sainsbury's own brand White chocolate YUM

TaterTots Sun 23-Oct-16 21:00:43

I always ask my DP to bring me back a surprise. I prefer savoury things to sweet. He usually brings me chocolate... I like chocolate but would rather crisps.

People who want a 'surprise' or 'don't mind' and then complain about what they get should be boiled in oil.

Shemozzle Sun 23-Oct-16 21:10:14

On I hate when mine does this. He should know by now what chocolate bars I don't like enough to be able to request a surprise chocolate bar. I also find if I request something specific, say a Bounty, I then get bought a Bounty every single time until I can't stand the sight of them anymore.

Actually in my current heavily pregnant state I've noticed he's taken to bringing back a selection of about 6 bars for me to choose between. Maybe I've had a few hormonal fuelled disappointed over reactions. blush

BowieFan Sun 23-Oct-16 21:12:30

TaterTots

I agree there. DP has been with me long enough to know I don't like Dairy Milk though! He'd go mental at me if I brought him Foster's lager!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now